Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 8:58am

Final Furlong Forum - "Ran out of steam" Comment

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: "Ran out of steam" Comment
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Ran out of steam" Comment  (Read 669 times)
Shadowfax
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »

One of my horses, who has a race on Sat, had a workout and recieve the comment "ran out of steam"

How badly will his energy drop?

Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »

There's no set percentage that your horse's energy will drop from that comment. I would only worry about it if the horse has received that comment multiple times in a row or small period of time. If that's the case then I would send the horse home to rest.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »

You see, I just interpret it as the jock suggesting the horse is a sprinter.
Shadowfax
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:28 PM »

Checked him this morning and it has only dropped two grades, which is fine as he has a five day recovery rate from an F, so I guess he'll be ready by Sat

PS Cat; this boy is definately an endurance horse  ;D ;D ;D ;D
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »

Meh, jockeys lie.  I pretty much don't put any stock into some of the comments. 
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:05:38 AM »

Meh, jockeys lie.  I pretty much don't put any stock into some of the comments. 

The only time I listen is when they give me a running style. Although with one of my 2yo's I received the comment "likes running from behind" and 2 workouts later I got "likes to be on the lead" so who the heck knows.
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Yes It's Paddy
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:46:22 AM »

Unless your jockey really knows your horse, everything they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  The only thing you can always trust is the NE readings (i.e. this horse isn't interested in running; raring to go; sending the jockey packing).  So, the comments are going to get more accurate if you use the same jockey over and over again.
Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 02:00:27 AM »

So, the comments are going to get more accurate if you use the same jockey over and over again.

Even this I would take with a grain of salt. Some of my horses have had the same jockey for over a year and they still occasionally switch up running style preferences on me or equipment preferences. I guess a horse could grow to hate a type of equipment but I would think their running style wouldn't change.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: "Ran out of steam" Comment « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, "Ran out of steam" Comment - Theme by Mustang Forums