Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 24, 2021 1:47am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do 2015

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 05:47:18 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2015
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do 2015  (Read 3256 times)
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »

Well... I bought more then planned.. hah! I wasn't really looking for anything but I guess thats how it goes. I ended up taking 6 horses home with a total purchase price of $388,000.

My most expensive purchase was the broodmare Ch. A.P. Dreamin' for $150,000. She's by A.P. Indy (S) and out of Outtamywaysir (S). I don't have any A.P. Indy broodmares so I figured he would be a nice line to introduce to my string. She's also bred to Gimme A Shot who was retired. So, i'm introducing new lines to my stable and got one of the last breedings to Gimme A Shot.

Diamonds In Air was a $50,000 purchase. He is an unraced 2yo by The Black (S) and out of Ch. Atsa Pretty Muffin. His dam is unproven as a broodmare but I'm a fan of The Black. I'm sure he'll earn his keep on the track.

Approved Rumor was a $75,500 purchase. He is also an unraced 2yo by Ch. Rumor Has It (B). The main reason I got him was because of his dam GCh. Approved Space. She had a great track career, hopefully my boy can follow suite.

Rose of Portland was a $40,500 purchase. She's another 2yo by Ch. Moonopoly (B). Another 2yo with a nice dam (reason for purchase!). Her dam is GCh. Studly Lady, another nice runner. She was also a fairly low purchase price :)

Next up is the yearling Alluring Girl who was a $52,000 purchase. She's by WCh. Highland Bandit (S) (Who i'm a fan of who is now retired ;) ) and out of Ch. Pirate's Revenge (S). Her dam has 2  horses running at the moment, one of which is SP. I quite like this fillies lines.

Last up is Hazari, another yearling. I got her for a suprisingly low $20,000. She's by WCh. As You Wish (B) who I think will have foals that mature a little later, hence the bronze waiting. Her dam though is Ch. Home Fries (G). Home Fries has some awesome foals including 3 MSW, 1 SW and 1 SP. I'm stoked I got this filly for 20,000 and excited to run her!
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
Andy
Beta Testers
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Gintara Lodge

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:39:51 AM »

Like everyone else it's hard not to spend too much, had the cheque book out for a tick under $1.5 mill  ::)

Took home 9, ranging from weanlings, 2 year olds, racing stock (view to breed) and a couple of broodmares for good measure  8)
Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity!
KindleHopeFarms
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »

Hey all!

I've been a bit MIA, and this may have been the only time in history that I've *sold* horses the Select Sale as opposed to buy myself out of barn and home...:P  But! I wanted to congratulate Mayfair on their Must Be Magic colt and Oakwood on their purchase of Betrothed and Corporate Card! :)  Good luck!
CloverSprings
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »

Not to sound like Barry off of Storage Wars, but I forgot the auction started last weekend ;(

What happens when life and two jobs get in the way, but I saved money and still have a HUGE stable full of ponies anyways.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »

Lindsay, if it's any comfort...some of my best ponies have come out of the foal auction for mad cheap. ;-)
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »

Added two more to our haul  ::)

Couldn't resist Black Run, a 10yo daughter of The Black. She's unraced but has a silver ranking from two runners.

Also got Sunk My Battleship a weanlings son of Strike It Rich who should be fun to play with.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2015 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do 2015 - Theme by Mustang Forums