Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 18, 2021 7:58am

Final Furlong Forum - 2015 How'd You Do?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 11:58:00 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: 2015 How'd You Do?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 How'd You Do?  (Read 3267 times)
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 12:54:42 AM »

So far I've come home with 3, waiting for one more :)

Nanny Ogg
[GCh. Harvard Bound (b) x Grannies Cognac (G)]
I picked her up for $52,500 after a bit of a bidding war with Marshall Creek. I picked her up because off her dam's stats. Nanny is 1/2 to MSW  GCh. Undun Image and Ch. Bold Bourbon. Her sire has a mix of runners, some running quite well, others flopping.

I'm Not Alone
[A.P. Indy (S) x Out and About (S)]
I picked her up for $20,500 which I think is a steal considering the breeding costs to A.P Indy, and who doesn't love an Indy baby? Her dam is pretty decent too producing some nice runners like Ch. My Little Girl and Ch. Homecoming.

War Axe
[Rock of Gibraltar x Berthas Bikini (S)]
I picked him up for $20,500 mainly because I am interested to see how Rock Of Gibralter's foals will run. I'm excited to be a part of his first running crop. War Axe's dam produced a few great runners but one outstanding runner, NCh. Unique Opportunity. Here's hoping War Axe can follow Unique Opportunities footprints!
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 06:15:21 AM »

Got the last one I had bid on cost me $50,500 ,but he has great bloodlines
Changed name to..
Hpt Blooded- a nice dark bay colt,born in may ,12.1h
By-ICh. Candidate (S) (What's It Worth (G) x Dark Magic (G))
Out of-Indy Fashion Flair (A.P. Indy (S) x A Certain Flair (S))(Seattle Slew(S)
His sire has produced several winner/MSW runners is ranked silver 7.0,and of course his grand sire needs no intro has produced many winner/MSW, and Is ranked Gold 10.9 chef de race,his granddam has produced all winner/MSW foals and is Ranked Gold 8.3.
His dam Has only 3 foals so far and her first runner unplaced as of yet,but his grand sire needs no intro being Silver 7.0 with many winner/MSW foals, his grand dam was created,but his great grand sire is Seattle slew, silver 6.3,and chef de race.
No famous siblings yet but through bloodlines is related to many champions!
We are hoping for a monster on the track with this guy, will be getting a new name shortly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:17:25 AM by Grace Littlef » Logged
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
pureblarney
Jockey

Stable Name: Mayfair

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 06:24:38 AM »

Four pretty great colts for $40K! Not too shabby.  :)

Fact or Fiction is by Government Secret and a dam who was not a very consistent runner, but whose one running foal is stakes placed as a 2YO. We're rolling the dice and hoping he'll follow suit!

Thirteen Colonies is by Simply Heroic and a bronze-ranked mare. Three out of his nine running siblings are Champion ranked. Fingers crossed.

Townsend Magician is by Mr. Townsend out of Is She Kinda Magic, who are both Silver-rated.

Jet West is by Lasting Spirit out of a created mare. He was our official "why not" purchase.  ;)

Jules
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »

Although I originally had set my mind on not bidding on any of the foals this year my willpower was not what I thought it was. Only brought home weanling colts, but I'm pleased by the fact that I got them both for only $3,000.

Rare And Dangerous is by NCh. Call to War and out of A Rare Beauty. His dam has a coming 2yo so it should be nice to see how he does on the track next year as I wait for him to mature.
Prithu is by Holy Bull and out of Vegas Runner. His dam has two foals already on the track who are doing quite well so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does well too.
Whispy
Beta Testers
Groom

Stable Name: Whisperwood Acres

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »

I see some horses I wanted but lost out on. I wanted Valais, but completely forgot that the auction had started until she was already sold (and for a steal!). To say I'm disappointed in myself is an understatement, but fortunately there are more babies in the auction! I also wanted Guns And Roses, but seeing as how I wanted more than one horse, $100k was too much for me.

I did get one of my picks, LuckBeALadyTonight, I won her for $41k. She's by Moonopoly, out of Lady Luck

I was aiming strictly for yearlings, but managed to get hooked by a weanling now renamed Clayton Grissom. I just realized I can't remember what his name originally was. He's by Octagonal, out of Bringdownthehouse. I got him for $1,500.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »

Walked away with four more.  Three created fillies for 1k each.  I've had some good luck with created ponies--3 NCh., 2 GCh, and 1 Ch.  So, I figured I would take the risk and see if I got lucky. =)

Then I picked up Can't Beat Me (Take Me Away x Enlightened (S)) for $46,500.  1/2 to Ch. That Thing You Do.
Mintano
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 12:34:21 AM »

There wasn't really anything out there that called to me and we let a few go that we liked but didn't really see the need to spend the amount they were going for. I did go over all of them a few times and ended up with three that I'm happy with.

Good Intentions is actually a filly we bred and we were kicking ourselves for selling her mother in-foal after the fact so I was happy to pick her up for $23,500. She is a 15hh yearling by Candidate (S) who we once owned as a stallion, also kicking myself for selling him as well! Ah hindsight is 20/20! She is the second foal out of her dam, Your Union. Her first foal, a colt by Witness (B) is a two time winner on the dirt as a 2yo. Your Union herself was a 5 time winner, on both dirt and turf. Will be interesting to see what this girl can do!

Aeromancer, now renamed Psychic is a big yearling by Seattle Sorcerer (S) out of the created mare City Runner. Seattle Sorcerer is a pretty young stallion with his oldest crop a small group of 5yo's. He's been pretty consistent with 68% winners and 19% stakes winners. He is the second foal out of City Runner, he first a so-far unplaced 2yo gelding by Boldness Shows. City Runner was a pretty nice girl, winning 3 races on the turf and additionally had quite the bridesmaid complex, finishing 2nd thirteen times!

Jadeite Scepter now renamed to Simpy Sidney is a average sized yearling by Simply Heroic (S) out of the created mare Glittery Tune. Simply Heroic is a young stallion with his oldest foals now 4yo's. He's shown promise as a sire with 70% winners and 10% stakes winners. Sidney is the third foal out of Glittery Tune who also has a 5yo unraced Sneak Peak colt and a winning 3yo filly by Boldness Shows.
Mesa
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »

I only picked up 2 fillies but I'm happy with my picks

Summer Fae (was Uninvited) is a created weanling. My best horse is a created mare so hopefully I'll get lucky and she will run well.

Vesuvius [Smart Strike x Quietness] Hopefully she will run well. Bought her since I'll have no two-year olds next year
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: 2015 How'd You Do? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2015 How'd You Do? - Theme by Mustang Forums