Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 2:34pm

Final Furlong Forum - 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:34:49 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals  (Read 2649 times)
JasonCameron
« on: December 23, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »

The first of 90 popped out very early...

JUST CAN'T WAIT arrived on December 22. She is a gorgeous dark grey filly standing at 8.0h. She is by WCh. I'M YOUR ANGEL (S) and out of Ch. HIGHLAND FERN (S). All of her dam's foals have been winners with one MSW, one SW and two SP. I'll probably sell this one as don't have the patience to wait, plus I own her SW half-sister. Highland Fern will see Dr. Evil next year.

Summary: 1 foaled (0 colts, 1 filly), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 89 foals left for 2016
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:02:57 PM by JasonCameron » Logged
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:20:02 PM »

Congrats on a healthy arrival :) hope the rest keep their legs crossed for you :)
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »

Ouch. Glad everyone's healthy. =) Here's hoping everyone else waits the week and a bit.
JasonCameron
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:02:21 PM »

Two arrived today...

FLYING PRINCESS is a chestnut filly standing at 9.1h. She is by Prince of Wonder and out of Finest Flyer (incidentally also foaled on January 1). Her dam didn't do too much on the track but has nice enough lines. This is her second surviving foal.

SKY FATHER is black colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Baiame. This is her first foal. In Australian Aboriginal mythology Baiame was the Creator God and Sky Father in the dreaming. Baiame was an okay runner - she won two stakes at Grade Two level as a 2YO.

Summary: 3 foaled (1 colt, 2 filly), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 87 foals left for 2016
JasonCameron
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:39 PM »

Not sure what is going on with my broodmares, but I've got 93 with 90 left to foal but my stable overview says only 87 left. I'll run off that for now and we'll see!
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »

Not sure what is going on with my broodmares, but I've got 93 with 90 left to foal but my stable overview says only 87 left. I'll run off that for now and we'll see!
Yeah, mine's off too. I'm just going to chalk it up to a drunk BM who can't count.

Cute foals. Like the flying theme. =)
JasonCameron
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »

Yeah, mine's off too. I'm just going to chalk it up to a drunk BM who can't count.

Cute foals. Like the flying theme. =)

Thanks. I'm dreading the cost of this year's breeding season... Just started sending some through. 106 mares (possibly more) is going to murder the finances.
JasonCameron
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:46 PM »

Two again today...

VOLCANIC is a black filly standing at 9.1h. She is by Ring of Fire and out of A Pharaoh's Victory. Her dam was a multiple stakes winner up to Grade One level and finished her career with a Grand Champion title. This is her first foal and she is going back to Ring of Fire this year.

GOD OF WAR is a light bay colt standing at 9.0h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Andarta. In Celtic polytheism, Andarta was a warrior goddess worshipped in southern Gaul, hence the name. His dam is very well bred and was multiple stakes placed up to Grade One level finishing her career with a Champion title. She's off to TakeMeToHollywood this season.

Summary: 5 foaled (2 colts, 3 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 85 foals left for 2016
Dawn
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »

Nice babies... Like the name Volcanic, does that mean she'll erupt on the scene? hehehe...
JasonCameron
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »

A pair of boys arrived...

I WAS HERE is a bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by As You Wish and out of French Kiss. His dam finished with an International Champion title after winning 11 stakes. This is her first foal. Quite excited about this one.

SHEIKH is a dark bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Ornaran. His dam was an average running winning up to allowance level. Will most likely sell this colt.

Summary: 7 foaled (4 colts, 3 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 83 foals left for 2016
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »

Handsome buggers.  Good luck with them!
JasonCameron
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »

Three more to report!

AS YOU PROMISED arrived on January 3 and is a bay colt standing tall at 10.2h. He is by As You Wish. His dam is Promised Union who was a nice runner winning three stakes up to Grade One level and finished with a Champion title. This is her first foal.

LANVIN arrived on January 5 and is a chestnut filly standing at 9.2h. She's very well bred being by Strider and out of Chloe. Chloe was fantastic runner who really excelled in her 3YO season winning six stakes, four at Grade One level. She finished titled as a Grand Champion. This is her first foal. I've named this filly after one of my favorite French fashion labels (Chloe is another French brand). This one is a keeper!

MIDNIGHT RAIDER arrived on January 5 and is a bay colt also standing tall at 10.2h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Midnight Bandit. His dam was a decent runner being stakes placed up to Grade One level. This is her first foal.

Summary: 10 foaled (6 colts, 4 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 80 foals left for 2016
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:21 AM »

Nice names!
Shadowfax
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »

Nice names!

Seconded
JasonCameron
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »

Thank you!
JasonCameron
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »

It's looking like another colt year...

ILLUMINATOR is a bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Kohinoor. His dam was a multiple winner on the track. This is her first foal.

RED ASSASSIN is a chestnut filly standing at 8.3h. She is by Dark Demand and out of Bounty Hunter. Her dam was a stakes winner at 2YO and at 3YO including a Grade One win. She retired with Champion status. This is her first foal.

CALLOWAY is a chestnut colt standing at 9.2h. He is by All Jazzed Up and out of Easy Decision. His dam was a fantastic racer winning 14 stakes and achieving World Champion status. She's well bred too being out of a Gold-rated mare (Easy Livin') and by Affirmed. This is her first foal. I named him after the famous jazz artist Cab Calloway. I'm excited by this one and will watch All Jazzed Up's first progeny to race this year with interest!

Summary: 13 foaled (8 colts, 5 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 80 foals left for 2016
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »

It's looking like another colt year...

You and me both!
Dawn
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »

Congrats on the Dark Demand filly... she's a stunner... good luck with her...
Shadowfax
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »

Love the names, especially RED ASSASSIN
JasonCameron
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

Another colt today!

FLOTA DE INDIAS is a dark bay colt standing at 9.0h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Flute. Flute was lightly raced, but managed a couple of stakes placings up to Grade One level. This is her third foal, her first races this year. I'm not sure I love his name, but he was named after the Spanish treasure fleets (or West Indies Fleet from Spanish Flota de Indias) which sailed from the Spanish Empire in the Americas to Spain. Also, a flute is a Dutch type of sailing vessel. So Strike It Rich and Flute kind of produced this. :-\

Summary: 14 foaled (9 colts, 5 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 79 foals left for 2016
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:24:00 AM by JasonCameron » Logged
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »

I like the name. :)
JasonCameron
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »

I like the name. :)

Great! Name stays! ;)
Shadowfax
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »

So do I, very fitting. And I've just finished spanish history so I know what a Flota is :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »

Haha, we have similar methods when thinking of names. Very good one btw.  Your crop is really shaping up great!
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »

Haha, more Spanish connections ;)
JasonCameron
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

The first stillborn of the year and two colts... Seriously need some fillies to come along!

UNNAMED was a filly by Strike It Rich and out of Act Like Royalty. She didn't make it after a tricky birth. Mum is doing well though.

ADVENTUROUS is a bay colt standing at 8.3h. He is by Foolhardy and out of Mysterious Miss. He is the first foal of his dam. She was a fantastic runner who achieved National Champion status from 2YO through 4YO up to Grade One level. She's off to Foolhardy's son I'm No Fool this year.

FLYING SCOTSMAN is a bay colt standing at a very tall 10.2h. He is by What's Debatable and out of Highland Black. Highland Black was a decent runner a while back who managed to win two stakes under the old game format. All her foals are winners and this is her first foal in four years. She's off to Foolhardy this season. The Flying Scotsman is a train service that has been running between London and Edinburgh since 1862.

Summary: 17 foaled (11 colts, five fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 79 foals left for 2016
Grace
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »

Sorry about the filly, but glad that Act Like Royalty is doing well. And the colts are fabulous! I love Flying Scotsman.
Shadowfax
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »

Nice colts, sorry about your filly
JasonCameron
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

A filly!

AWAKENING is a chestnut filly by Strike It Rich and out of Reveille. She is currently standing at 8.1h. Her dam was a multiple stakes winner at 2YO up to Grade One level who unfortunately didn't fire as a 3YO. This is her first foal. Reveille is a bugle call, trumpet call or pipes call most often associated with the military or summer camp; it is chiefly used to wake military personnel at sunrise. And that's where I got the name! Had Dawn in front of Awakening, but don't think it worked that well. Anyway, Reveille has been shipped off to see As You Wish this year.

Summary: 18 foaled (11 colts, six fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 78 foals left for 2016
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »

Whoo fillies! Lovely name.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »

I like Awakening better than Dawn Awakening. :) Good luck with her!
CloverSprings
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »

90 foals this year.... holy smokes Jase!  I only have 63 due this year and that is still A LOT!  ;)   Love all the names so far too.
Shadowfax
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

Love the name
JasonCameron
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »

Love the name
I like Awakening better than Dawn Awakening. :) Good luck with her!

90 foals this year.... holy smokes Jase!  I only have 63 due this year and that is still A LOT!  ;)   Love all the names so far too.

Next year will be worse. 111 mares and counting!
JasonCameron
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »

Another filly!

REDEEMER is a flea-bitten grey filly standing at 9.0h. She is by Gimme A Shot who had some success with early progeny but hasn't fired for a while. Her dam is Redemption who was a multiple stakes winner up to Grade One level and finished her career titled a Grand Champion. She is well bred with Highland Rogue on her damline. She has three raced foals, two are stakes placed. She's been sent to Nightfight.

Summary: 19 foaled (11 colts, seven fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 77 foals left for 2016
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:48 AM »

Nice baby! I remember Redemption from her racing days.
JasonCameron
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »

Nice baby! I remember Redemption from her racing days.

Thanks!

Out of interest, is this below stable specific?

Please do not name your horse after a famous real-life horse, or your stable (i.e. Vaucluse Farms's Champion)

;)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »

Out of interest, is this below stable specific?

;)

It's dynamic. So mine say's Stillwater Farms's Champion.
Shadowfax
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »

Nice foal
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »

Love the name Redeemer. =)
JasonCameron
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 08:33:47 AM »

Three more!

FOREVER WONDER is a bay filly standing at 9.3h. She is by Prince of Wonder and out of Forever Gone. Her dam was a decent racer managing a stakes win at Grade Three level. She also has nice lines. She has one raced foal who is placed.

GOLD MINE is a black colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Call My Name. Call My Name was a decent runner who won a stakes at Grade Two level and finished with a Champion title. This is her third foal.

IT'S NOT OVER is a bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Sneak Peek and out of Heartache. Heartache was a multiple stakes winner up to Grade Two level and finished her career with a Champion title. She's done quite well as a broodmare with a MSW and a SP from four raced foals.

Summary: 22 foaled (13 colts, eight fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 74 foals left for 2016
Shadowfax
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »

Lovely foals
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 09:44:44 AM »

Love the names. :)
JasonCameron
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 07:33:02 AM »

Another two colts and a filly...

SUNFLOWER is a chestnut filly standing at 9.3h. She is by Strike It Rich and out of Art of Magic. Art of Magic was a decent runner on the track who won at Ungraded level a couple of times and finished with a Champion title. She has two raced foals with one being stakes placed. I named this one after van Gogh's series of paintings.

ILLUSIVE PRINCE is a black colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Dashing Illusions. Dashing Illusions is a Champion titled Grade One winner. She has no raced foals with her oldest being a 2YO.

ARSONIST is a light bay colt standing at 9.2h. He is by Conflagration and out of Outbreak. Outbreak was a consistent runner on the track over jumps. She has two raced foals, one is stakes placed.

Summary: 25 foaled (15 colts, nine fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 71 foals left for 2016
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 07:45:30 AM »

Nice babies. :)
JasonCameron
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 01:10:51 AM »

Bah. So many to report!

PRECIOUS TIME was born on 1 February and is a black colt standing at 10.1h. He is by Almost Time and out of Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint winner Majestic Time. Dam has no raced foals.
TIBETAN was born on 18 February and is a strawberry roan filly standing at 10.1h. He is by Strider and out of Nomad. Nomad was a stakes winner. This is her first foal.
NOUVEAU RICHE was born on 7 March and is a black colt standing at 10.0h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Immortal Diva. Dam has one raced foal - a placed 3YO.
HOLLYWOOD BARONESS was born on 4 March and is a bay filly standing at 9.0h. She is by Highland Laird and out of Hollywood Memories. Dam is a stakes winning racer and has a few good stakes quality foals.
POETIC SAYINGS was born on 6 February and is a bay colt standing at 10.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Sweet Sayings. Dam has no raced foals.
HIGHLAND OCCULT was born on 4 February and is a black filly standing at 10.1h. She is by Highland Wizard and out of Gold-rated mare Willing To Please. Dam has five stakes winning foals from seven raced.
EL PRESIDENTE was born on 8 March and is a black colt standing at 10.0h. He is by Candidate and out of High Times. Dam is Gold-rated and three from three stakes winners. This colt is a full sibling to Madam President, a multiple Grade One winner.
SNOW PRINCESS was born on 2 March and is a light grey filly standing at 9.3h. She is by Prince of Wonder and out of Silver Shows. This is her dam's first foal.
THREE TWO ONE was born on 6 February and is a bay filly standing at 10.3h. She is by All Jazzed Up and out of Rocket Fast. Dam is Gold-rated with all winners and some nice performing stakes foals.
UNWINNABLE was born on 6 February and is a chestnut filly standing at 10.0h. She is by Strike It Rich and out of Unshakeable. Dam was a stakes winner. This is her second surviving foal.
DON'T BE PRECIOUS was born on 7 February and is a mahogany bay colt standing at 10.1h. He is by Almost Precious and out of Don't Ask. Dam has three stakes-placed foals from three raced.
SOCIAL NETWORKER was born on 3 February and is a bay colt standing at 9.0h. He is by I'm A Classic and out of Person to Person. He is a full sibling to multiple stakes winner Peer to Peer.
SAVOY was born on 4 March and is a grey filly standing at 9.1h. She is by Prince of Wonder and out of Five Star Hotel. Dam was a stakes winner and has one raced foal.
PHANTOM PRINCE was born on 5 March and is a chestnut colt standing at 9.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Stage Whisper. He is the first foal of his dam.
SEATTLE SUCCESS was born on 8 February and is a dark bay colt standing at 10.1h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Truly Seattle. Dam has two raced foal, one a stakes winner.
STAR MAKER was born on 1 February and is a black colt standing at 9.3h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Starswept. Dam was multiple stakes-placed and has two raced foals.
KING OF SPADES was born on 8 March and is a black colt standing at 9.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Lucked Out. Dam has three raced foals all at stakes level.
HOLLYWOOD RAINBOW was born on 3 February and is a light bay colt standing at 9.3h. He is by Crystal Rainbow and out of Lady Hollywood. Dam is a stakes winner. This is her first foal.
ARAGORN was born on 16 March and is a strawberry roan colt standing at 9.0h. He is by Strider and out of Pleasant Lady. Dam is a multiple stakes winner up to Grade One level and this is her first foal.
MAKE YOUR POINT was born on 9 March and is a chestnut colt standing at 9.1h. He is by Point Given and out of Mumbojumbo. Dam has six raced foals, four being stakes winners.
LAST PHARAOH was born on 2 February and is a bay filly standing at 9.1h. She is by Akhetnaten and out of Last Hope. Dam has eight winning foals with a number at stakes level.
SIMPLY CRIMSON was born on 2 February and is a chestnut colt standing at 10.0h. He is by Simply Heroic and out of Crimson Dahlia. Dam is a stakes winner. This is her second foal.
CAPTIVATING was born on 17 March and is a bay filly standing at 10.1h. She is by Express Yourself and out of Mark My Word. Dam was a fantastic runner in her time gaining National Champion status and has one raced foal.
BRILLIANT STRIKE was born on 29 February and is a black colt standing at 9.3h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Brilliant Success. Dam is a stakes winner and one raced foal.
RICH GIRL was born on 15 March and is a chestnut filly standing at 10.2h. She is by Strike It Rich and out of Dancing Girl. Dam is a stakes winner and has one raced foal.

Summary: 51 foaled (30 colts, 19 fillies), two stillborn, no deceased mares, 42 foals left for 2016
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:13:46 AM by JasonCameron » Logged
Grace
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 05:00:45 AM »

Wow, that's a lot of foals! They all look great.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »

Nice set of babies!
Shadowfax
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »

good luck with all of those
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals - Theme by Mustang Forums