Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 5:18am

Final Furlong Forum - 2016 Hello Starling Farm Foals

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:18:08 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2016 Hello Starling Farm Foals
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Hello Starling Farm Foals  (Read 2273 times)
Shadowfax
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »

I love that poem, and the name suits her. Good luck with her
Grace
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »

We had a busy night, but we have two lovely new foals and proud broodmares to show for it.

La Corriveau
ICH. Devil His Due (GCh. Go For Dash (S) x Ch. Devil's Own (S)) x Morning Deelites (created)
8.3h dark grey (star, stripe, LF coronet, LH sock, RH coronet) filly

Morning Deelites, a created broodmare leased from Ivy Creek Farm, foaled this big, healthy filly by Devil His Due. Devil His Due's first foals to race hit the track next month, so I'll be excited to see what they do! "La Corriveau" is a Canadian ghost story about a beautiful, ruthless women who killed her two husbands and was sentenced to death. After her death, her spirit supposedly haunted a river road until finally being exorcised.

Lion Rampant
NCh. Slew O'Scots (S) (Seattle Slew (S) x WCh. Highland Raven (G)) x Still A Princess (What's It Worth (G) x Dark Princess (B))
8.1h black (star) colt

Our maiden mare, Still A Princess, birthed our first colt of the year last night. The jet black foal is our smallest newborn so far, but he is doing great, and Princess is a wonderful mother who is totally smitten with him. Slew O' Scots has shown himself to be an awesome sire, and we hope the cross with our What's It Worth mare will be a successful one. Lion Rampant, or Leo, is 3/4 to Ch. Outlander and two-year-old Party Doll. The Lion Rampant of Scotland is the Scottish Royal Banner of Arms, used historically by the King of Scots.

1 colt - 4 fillies - 5 remaining
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »

Love the names! Keep a lock on La Corriveau ;)
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Yes It's Paddy
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »

Love the names, especially Lion Rampant. :)
Shadowfax
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »

Love them and their names, both fun and fitting
Grace
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »

Yay, another colt!

Grimoire
NCh. Silver Wizard (NCh. Highland Wizard (G) x Silver Wind (S)) x Uptown Girl (S) (Created)
9.2h black (LH sock, RH stocking) colt

Uptown Girl, a lease from Ivy Creek Farm, safely delivered this big black colt. Her oldest foal is Ch. Goodnight Saigon, a stakes winning three-year-old, and even though Uptown Girl only started racing in her four-year-old year, she was quite successful on the track herself. Silver Wizard's first crop doesn't hit the track until next year, but I'm excited to see how they do! I'm quite optimistic about this foal's prospects on the track.

His name, Grimoire, is the term for a textbook of magic.

2 colts - 4 fillies - 4 remaining
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

Love the name. :)
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 03:01:34 PM »

Love the name!
~ Black Storm West ~
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »

Ooooo love the name!  another to cross off my list of names waiting on ponies! :D
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 12:10:51 AM »

I am a huge fan of your naming process.  :) 

I'm glad to see that both ladies gave you healthy, promising looking foals.  Who knew that Uptown Girl had it in her to throw a stakes winner?  Here's hoping Grimoire can live up to that precedent - either way, he sure is handsome.  And Morning Deelites has only thrown dark greys, so no surprise that your filly is so striking.  DHD had quite a long career, and was successful as a 2YO - hopefully La Corriveau takes after him in that regard.   :)
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Grace
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »

Thanks for letting me lease them! I'm really excited for both foals - they're both absolutely perfect.

And on a sad note, I had my first FF-horse death today. Little Nikita, a Government Secret broodmare, passed away due to complications in labor while giving birth to what was only her second foal. She was only six years old and had not had any complications with her pregnancy or her delivery last year, so we're all pretty shocked and heartbroken.

She did leave us one beautiful, healthy colt, however, and fortunately, the little chestnut orphan has taken a liking to our broodmare, Novel Advantage, who couldn't be happier with the situation. She was left open for 2016, and she must have been jealous of all the other mares' foals, because she won't stop doting on "her" colt. He is being bottle fed and seems to be doing well despite the sad start to his life.

Robben Island
ICh. Dark Continent (S) (Land Ho (S) x Dark Victory (P)) x Little Nikita (NCh. Government Secret (B) x Moment in Paradise (B))
8.2h chestnut (star, stripe) colt

Named for the former prison off the coast of Cape Town where Nelson Mandela and other political prisoners were held during apartheid. I am a fan of Dark Continent and am really excited to have another foal by him - Robben Island is a little carbon copy of his sire. I hope he inherited his talent on the track in addition to his appearance!

3 colts - 4 fillies - 1 deceased mare - 3 remaining
One of our maiden mares is almost a week late now, and after this loss, I don't want to leave her alone for even a second. The poor gal is looking very round...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:01:33 AM by Grace » Logged
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 01:16:19 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss, but congrats on the health DC colt.
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »

Sorry for your loss, Grace! At least the foal survived; hopefully he kicks some serious butt when he's older.
~ Black Storm West ~
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »

Sorry about your mare I understand your feelings I lost a maiden mare this yr also, and a young one last yr too. Congrats on the healthy baby, may he bring you joy. :)
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 07:36:55 AM »

Sorry for your loss. :( Cute foal, though!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2016 Hello Starling Farm Foals « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2016 Hello Starling Farm Foals - Theme by Mustang Forums