Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 23, 2021 2:17am

Final Furlong Forum - List of Bugs Cat Notices But Can't Report (Yet)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:17:34 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: List of Bugs Cat Notices But Can't Report (Yet)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: List of Bugs Cat Notices But Can't Report (Yet)  (Read 3907 times)
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »

Lewis:

1. The mare has been bred, so that's fine.

2. The reason you didn't get any date options is that both of WD's Feb 2 spots had already been used. So now technically he's overbooked by 1 foal because he's got 3 foals bred in that timeslot.

3. There was an error in MH's shipping history which meant she never had an arrival date, so she was always in transit. (Fixed.)

4. Shipping page says she's "still in foal" because she is...for 2017. :P

Thanks for fixing this Shanthi,

It was just a little confusing when, depending on which screen you looked at, some said MH was in foal for 2017 and others said she wasn't, also, some said she was in transit and others said she wasn't, and there was the issue with the estimated due date changing. I'm glad they are all cleared up now and hope you didn't have to spend too long on these issues.
Lewis
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »

Yeah, I need to fiddle with how it calculates siblings. Technically anything that's Created-y shouldn't count. So it shouldn't count any horses as sire/BM sire (or dam/sire's sire) unless both horses in question aren't created. So Strider/Created shouldn't give anything because two created mares aren't related at all.

I fiddled a little bit with the query, but didn't get anywhere (working on the command line is a PITA way to code). So I'll probably shelve that for another "fix in the rewrite" thing.

I can't quite remember how 3/4s sibs are calculated. Is it just through the dam line? i.e. Mare is bred to Stud 1 and then Stud 2. Stud 1 and 2 are 1/2 brothers. Therefore Foal 1 and Foal 2 are 3/4s to each other.

Or does it work both ways? Dam 1 and Dam 2 are 1/2 sisters. They're both bred to Stud A. Resulting foals are calculated to be 3/4s to each other.

As it stands now, it seems like the calculation is going through both ways, which is technically right.

e.g. Easy Come Easy Go is listed as 3/4s to Cassiopeia (both by the same sire, dams are 1/2 sisters) and Striking Beauty (SB's sire is ECEG's Grandsire, they are both out of the same dam)

Sorry, I'm just having a major brain fart.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 07:17:40 AM »

It should be both ways. Basically if 75%(ish) of the pedigree is the same, then they should count as 3/4 sibs. (This sort of breaks down with Stud 1 and Mare 1/Mare's daughter, since then Mare 1's baby's pedigree has the extra generation.)

But yeah - if one parent is the same and the other parent are parent/child or sibling, then it should count as 3/4 sibs.

It seems to be working, it just also assumes that Created counts as a "match" (so created Mare 1 and created Mare 2 are counted as 1/2 siblings even though they're not).
sjenee
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »

I wondered about that. I did a hypo breeding with two created lines last night and it came up with all sorts of 3/4 sibs from the stallion's other foal crops.
CloverSprings
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »

I also have a bug and I hope you don't mind me adding it here.

My mare Highland Paint (#1729) is stuck "in transit" when she really should be finished shipping and at Iron Spur Stables already.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »

I also have a bug and I hope you don't mind me adding it here.

My mare Highland Paint (#1729) is stuck "in transit" when she really should be finished shipping and at Iron Spur Stables already.

Fixed.
Mesa
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »

I figured I would put this here since I can get on the bug site

My Activity points are out of whack. On my stable overview it says I have 421 and when I hit redeem it says 248. A couple of weeks ago I had over 300 points when I hit redeem points page an I havent used any of them.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »

Activity points are a known issue, and will be phased out in the rewrite anyway.
Mesa
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »

Activity points are a known issue, and will be phased out in the rewrite anyway.

Alright Shanthi, I was just wondering
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »

Seems to be a glitch with the workouts. I worked some of my horses manually yesterday and it appears they've all worked again when the code's run the auto workouts.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »

Can you PM me with ID numbers?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:42 PM »

Seems to be a glitch with the workouts. I worked some of my horses manually yesterday and it appears they've all worked again when the code's run the auto workouts.

Should be fixed now. Somehow the part that was checking whether the horse had already worked out wasn't in there.

We'll see tomorrow. :)
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »

Ok thanks for looking. I'll check them Thursday and see how they've gone :)
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »

I had a mare to breed at gust o wind farm but it still made me click the ship to gust o wind farm even though it said she was already there. Is this a bug, it's happened to me before but never for over a couple hundred dollars but this is a couple thousand to take her out for a 4 day ride. Lol. Thanks ,Carole
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »

I'll need more information than that. Mare's ID, when she was shipped to GOW, what options it tries to give you when asking you to ship her (i.e. where does it think she is), etc. I don't have time to go digging through all your horses to figure out which one you're talking about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: List of Bugs Cat Notices But Can't Report (Yet) « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, List of Bugs Cat Notices But Can't Report (Yet) - Theme by Mustang Forums