Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 24, 2021 3:07pm

Final Furlong Forum - Clover Springs 2016 Foals

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:07:31 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: Clover Springs 2016 Foals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clover Springs 2016 Foals  (Read 4316 times)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »

Plus, he generate his own army of dog-fur dust bunnies. Instant back-up!

That, I can guarantee. ;)

Plus, the face! How can you resist?

See? Excellent guard dog! He loves you already, and he doesn't even know you.
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

rofl, i offer mine too!! shes soooo scary(30 pounds of labrador and itallian greyhound) ,she has a big bark and no bite, she will just help the burglars too! ,and roll over for a belly rub!! lol   you are too funny with that tiny disclaimer, i had to get right up to the screen to read it!! lol, this is so fun!
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
CloverSprings
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 04:54:49 AM »

After much consideration, I'm consulting Caesar on this one but thanks for the offer ;)  Hehehe  Finally have another filly to report on too:

Brilliant Moment
ICh. Chivalry (B) x Ch. Wild Streak (S)
8.0h black filly
Born: February 19, 2016

1/2 sibling to GCh. Lucky Streak. Lovely filly with Rogue, Worth and Slew in her bloodlines. Wild Streak was bred to Foolhardy for her 2017 foal

21 foals so far in 2016, 42 foals left (13 fillies, 8 colts)  ...still waiting on Highland Echo to foal very shortly
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

Nice filly! Love the name! 
I've had two dogs named ceasar when I was 7  a mutt, and a rotty named Ceazar the Destroyer when I was 21. (and the only thing he destroyed was furniture!!) lol not a very tough rotty, he would sulk if you yelled at him and he was 110 lbs! Lol
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
CloverSprings
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 06:47:42 AM »

Wow haven't posted about the new babies in over a month... this is going to be a long list  ;)

Song of Trinity
ICh. Long Live The King x Ch. Highland Echo (S)
9.2h bay filly
Born: February 27, 2016

1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Dancer's Echo, and SW Ch. Danzig's Echo, Echo In Time and Ch. Take Note. Highland Echo was bred to Take Me Away for her 2017 foal.

Hunger Games
NCh. Carrowmore x Aerials
8.3h chestnut filly
Born: February 29, 2016

Just had to use the name because of the books/movie  ;)  Aerials first foal Digital Skye is a 2yo this year and will be hitting the track. Aerials was bred to Bellagio for her 2017 foal.

Pillage n' Plunder
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x Punxsutawney Phily
9.1h chestnut colt
Born: March 2, 2016

Phily lost her Worth My While foal last year, so Pillage is her first surviving foal. Rainbow Quest and Laird lines, plus I love his name (can you tell I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean last night?). Phily was bred to Void for her 2017 foal.

Whirling Skies
ICh. Chivalry (B) x Ch. Sweet Dreams (G)
10.0h black colt
Born: March 3, 2016

Sadly Whirling Skies is Sweet Dream's last foal and she was retired this year :(  1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Fragrant & ICh. What's Your Dream, and SW Gimme Gimme Gimme, Ch. Dreamweaver and Ch. Willy Wonka.

Knighty Night
ICh. Chivalry (B) x Vaudeville (S)
9.2h dark grey filly
Born: March 3, 2016

Love the play on words for her name and of course it's based off both her parents. 1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Catch Phrase and SW Showoff. Vaudeville was bred to Foolhardy for her 2017 foal.

Sea of Roses
WCh. All Jazzed Up x Olympic Dream
9.3h bay filly
Born: March 5, 2016

Second foal for Olympic Dream and of course this lady's grand-dam is Patriot Games (RDC)(P). Olympic Dream was bred to Foolhardy for her 2017 foal.

Highly Proper
ICh. Highland Magic (G) x Heatherette
9.0h grey filly
Born: March 6, 2016

This filly is Heatherette's first foal and has lovely Rogue, Irish River and Valid Wager lines. Heatherette was bred to Spock for her 2017 foal.

Insider
FFCh. Foolhardy (P) x NCh. Fingerprints
10.1h dark bay colt
Born: March 7, 2016

Another monster foal to add to the list for 2016  ;) Really excited for this boy once he starts racing in a few years. Fingerprints first foal Rolling Blackout is a 2yo this year and she was bred to Striking It Rich for her 2017 foal.

Jewel of Destiny
NCh. Yes It's Paddy x Jet Propulsion
8.0h chestnut filly
Born: March 7, 2016

Lots of my mares have their first foals hitting the track this year and Jet Propulsion is no exception with Afterburners (Turn n'Burn). Jet was bred to Crystal Rainbow for her 2017 foal.

Neon Avenue
ICh. Chivalry (B) x Ch. Dr. Sweetie
9.1h bay filly
Born: March 15, 2016

Third foal from Dr. Sweetie and her first foal Jazzy Legz (by Strider) will be hitting the track this year. Lovely Worth and Jazz It Up lines. Sweetie has been bred to Foolhardy for her 2017 foal.

31 foals so far in 2016, 32 foals left (20 fillies, 11 colts)  We're having a filly year so far in 2016  ;)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »

Wow nice names and some huge babies! Definitely a big baby year in FF!

Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »

Love the names. :)
CloverSprings
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 06:13:13 PM »

Some new babies arrived in the barn the past couple of days, but sadly we also lost our first two foals of the year  :(

We sadly lost our WCh. Nightfight (G) x AffairsOfTheHeart foal. Affair has been bred to Foolhardy for her 2017 foal but she'll be back to see Nightfight another time.

We also lost our WCh. All Jazzed Up x Ch. Smilin' Irish (B) foal. Smilin' was bred to Crystal Rainbow for next year's foal.

Fremont Street
NCh. Bellagio x Dolphin's Cry
8.1h black colt
Born: March 30, 2016

Fremont Street is the second foal for Dolphin's Cry. Lovely Patriot Games, Man O'War and Rainbow Quest lines on this guy.

Irene Adler
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x ICh. What's Your Dream (B)
9.1h bay filly
Born: March 31, 2016

Crystal was making me think of the maharaja's diamond reference in the first Sherlock Holmes movie, and then it went to Irene Adler. I love both Robert Downey Jr. and Rachel McAdams a lot so this was a perfect filly name for me  ;)  What's Your Dream was bred to Bellagio for her 2017 foal.

Side of Happy
WCh. All Jazzed Up x Dream Maker (B)
8.1h chestnut colt
Born: March 31, 2016

Dream Maker has quite a few winning foals but no stakes winners yet, hopefully that will change. Dream Maker was bred to Crystal Rainbow for her 2017 foal.

36 foals so far in 2016, 27 foals left (21 fillies, 13 colts), 2 foals deceased
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

Sorry about your foals. :( That's always a bummer.

Love the other ones' names, though!
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »

sorry for your losses, and congrats on the nice big healthy foals, cute names! :)

imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »

Sorry for your loss. Glad the others arrived safely.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
CloverSprings
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »

Thanks everyone!  We had another beautiful blue roan colt arrive this morning at the stable and I swear my mind travels to odd places sometimes for names...

Blue Crown
ICh. Chivalry (B) x Knight's Princess (B)
8.3h blue roan colt
Born: April 1, 2016

I thought at first Blue Ivy if this foal was a filly but Blue Crown it will be. ;) Knight's Princess was bred to All Jazzed Up for her 2017 foal.

37 foals so far in 2016, 26 foals left (21 fillies, 14 colts), 2 foals deceased
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 06:16:53 PM »

Love it!

Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »

Me too. :)
CloverSprings
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22:12 AM »

More foals a'plenty over the last few days:

Eris Discordia
WCh. As You Wish (B) x GCh. Rhiannon (S)
9.3h black filly
Born: April 2, 2016

A combination of the Greek and Latin names for the goddess of strife and and discord and I couldn't resist not using it once I found it.  Lovely set of bloodlines on this filly (Highland Sorceress, Man O'War, Secretariat, Cross Roads). Rhiannon was bred to Foolhardy for her 2017 foal.

Sir Percivale
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x GCh. Ladylove (G)
9.2h bay colt
Born: April 2, 2016

Also had Monty Python and the knights of the round table in my head last night and this colt's name was another result. 1/2 sibling to MSW NCh. Fingerprints and GCh. While It Lasts and Ladylove was bred to Gotta Go for her 2017 foal.

Knight of Flowers
ICh. What's Your Point (S) x NCh. Crucible (S)
9.3h blue roan colt
Born: April 4, 2016

Another fabulous blue roan in the barn and the first thing I thought of was Sir Loras Tyrell aka the "Knight of Flowers" in the Song of Ice and Fire series. Who else watched the opening episode for season two on Sunday?  ;)  1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Whisper to Me and SW Return With Honor. Crucible has been bred to Stressed for her 2017 foal.

Luxor
NCh. Bellagio (B) x NCh. Nation's Colors (B)
9.0h bay colt
Born: April 4, 2016

Let's see how many Vegas strip famous landmarks/hotels we can hit with Bellagio foals  ;)  1/2 sibling to SW Ch. Olympic Colors, Ch. Full of Glory and Ch. Color of Magic. I love breeding my stable's power mare lines (Foolish Question & Nation's Pride) together to see what will happen. Nation's Colors was retired this year so sadly Luxor is her last foal.

Risk it All
FFCh. Foolhardy (P) x Tempting Fate
9.1h dark bay colt
Born: April 5, 2016

*drool* I think that is all I can say with the lines on this colt being tied to Foolhardy (P) (What's It Worth (P) x Foolish Question (P)) and Tempting Fate (Bold Ruler (G) x Playing With Fire (P)) Tempting Fate was bred to Bellagio for her 2017 foal.

Time to Dazzle
NCh. Void (B) x Ch. New Moon
9.0h black colt

Just realized as I'm writing this could be another Twilight reference to sparkling vampires ;)  New Moon was bred to All Jazzed Up for her 2017 foal.

Windtalker
FFCh. Foolhardy (P) x GCh. Charming Dance (B)
9.0h grey colt

1/2 sibling to SP Voodoo Lady and a few winners. Charming Dance is going to be bred to Stressed for her 2017 foal.

Light the Day
FFCh. High Chances (S) x ICh. Long Shot (B)
9.2h bay filly
Born: April 6, 2016

From Patriot Games (P) and Highland Laird (S) lines *drool*  Long Shot is going to be bred to I'm No Fool in his first season for a 2017 foal! So excited  :)

43 foals so far in 2016, 18 foals left (23 fillies, 20 colts), 2 foals deceased  The boys are starting to catch up...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:54:46 PM by Lindsay-CloverSprings » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: Clover Springs 2016 Foals « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Clover Springs 2016 Foals - Theme by Mustang Forums