Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 23, 2021 4:06am

Final Furlong Forum - 2016 Color War Teams

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:06:57 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Color War Challenge  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: 2016 Color War Teams
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Color War Teams  (Read 7013 times)
Mintano
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »

The red team has come to a unanimous decision. We will be known as the Crimson Reds and will be located at Woodbine.
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »

Are any other teams still having problems getting their teams to vote on Location and Team Name, even after the reshuffle?

The Indigo Team has two team members that have not voted yet.

One of them hasn't logged in to FF since Feb 28th, but, while the other one has been pretty active on FF (she joined FF in Racing Year 2011), she only has 3 posts total and, as far as I can see, hasn't posted on the Forum since Mar 6th.

The rest of us are unanimous on our choice of Location and Name but can't do anything about them until the other two have voted.
Lewis
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:13 PM »

We are having some trouble with members being active regularly. We all agreed on a track, which got picked before we could claim it. I haven't been able to get everyone to re-vote for a different track..
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

Just a thought. Instead of unanimous decisions, in the future could a certain percentage be deemed acceptable?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »

Just a thought. Instead of unanimous decisions, in the future could a certain percentage be deemed acceptable?

Probably. The main point of unanimous decisions is to make sure everyone's involved on the team. (This is really the only decision that requires any unanimous voting, or necessarily any forum activity, per se.)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »

I know the teams who haven't reached a decision yet are frustrated. There's not much I can do about that, though, unless I re-shuffled the teams yet again. There's also no huge hurry, since all it does is shorten the racing challenge timeframe.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 10:41:24 PM »

Perhaps enable Captains to make a poll in the same way that races are voted for? That way, no forum requirement. Maybe first poll have people tick top three choices. Then set up another poll to pick one. Results won't be unanimous (since no one will see how people voted until afterwards), but might get 100% participation.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »

Perhaps enable Captains to make a poll in the same way that races are voted for? That way, no forum requirement. Maybe first poll have people tick top three choices. Then set up another poll to pick one. Results won't be unanimous (since no one will see how people voted until afterwards), but might get 100% participation.

That would be fine for the rewrite. I don't plan to change any CW-related code until then, though. (Unless there are bugs, obviously.)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »

Given that it's been almost 3 weeks since the last team got a unanimous vote, for the remaining teams:

If you have heard from all of your team members at some point (since the new teams got setup), you can go ahead with whatever majority vote you have.

I'll aim to setup the racing challenge stuff by April 1 if everyone has a team name/location. I'm moving this weekend so it may take a few days.
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

Good luck with the move,I still haven't finished unpacking from mine. :D
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »

We have heard from all but one of our team members. Even though I have emailed and PM'd the last member, they still haven't voted yet. According to the Stable List, the last time they logged onto FF was Feb 28th, so it isn't even that they've been active in FF but not on the Forum.

Can we assume that they are inactive and use the rest of the team votes, in which case, we will be ready to make our selections now?
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »

Can we assume that they are inactive and use the rest of the team votes, in which case, we will be ready to make our selections now?

I guess that's fine.
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »

I guess that's fine.

Thanks Shanthi.

In that case, the Indigo Team selects Pimlico for our location and the name Indigo Ink.
Lewis
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »

Shoot.... Pimlico was our pick.. Back to the drawing board. :)
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 01:04:11 AM »

Isn't aqueduct still available?
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Color War Challenge  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: 2016 Color War Teams « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2016 Color War Teams - Theme by Mustang Forums