Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 18, 2021 12:15am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do 2016

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:15:02 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Mixed Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do 2016  (Read 4506 times)
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »

From last year's auction I had three horses and all of them have new homes now ;) so I hope that these two will stay longer here.
I bought two fillies. Also wanted one broodmare and a stallion, but it wasn't really possible that all four will be mine so I'm satisfied with these two. I really love the similarity of their names; it's fun to have both.

Ellejolet - 3yo liver chestnut filly by GCh. Harvard Bound (B), out of Enlightened (S). She should be good over Intermediate distance, at least on dirt. Her dam is unraced, but Ellejolet is half sister to Ch. That Thing You Do; a mare with two speed records on dirt and two Grade 2 stakes wins.
Purchased for $20,000.

Cabernet - 3yo dark bay filly by Giant's Causeway (B), out of Wine and Brandy (S). She should run well over Brilliant and Intermediate distance. Both her parents are unraced in the game ;) but she's half sister to GCh. Silver Flute, a multiple stakes winner on dirt, with stakes wins on all distances. Cabernet has some really nice sires in her pedigree.
Purchased for $75,000.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 04:05:36 PM »

Final bid has cleared so we ended up with 5 new girls in total. Besides I.B. Ready, we also picked up Make The Call (B) Crack Shot (B) ex Call Me Darlin(B/RDC) (created). Totally new lines for us and quite rare as Crack Shot only sired 8 foals so she should have plenty of options for suitable boyfriends. She was MSP on the track up to Grade 2 level on turf and comes in foal to Call To War. She has a bronze ranking with her oldest runner being stakes placed at 3 (currently unraced at 4). Cost $1000

Golden Indy AP Indy ex Genuinely Gold (B) (Created)
5yo race mare MW,MP last year and finished 4th on her only start this year. Bought to add some AP Indy blood into the barn. Half-sister to Gold-ranked broodmare Oakley. She'll finish the rest of the year on the track and see how she goes. Cost $1000.

We also picked up two previously unnamed weanling fillies for $1000 each. Far Away is the first foal of the created mare GCh Rock Star. Dam was MSW, MSP, Millionaire on the track and holds several steeplechase speed records. The filly is by a nice young sire in ICh Chivalry. Helen of Troy is a daughter of Giant's Causeway and GCh ShezaWildDevil (S) who's oldest runner is a stakes winner. Not 100% sure on the name for her. Tried linking it to mum via the play Dr Faustus (which features Helen of Troy and the protagonist selling his soul to the devil).

Spent $54,500 in total and very pleased with the girls we bought home.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
hollyh1125
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 04:56:39 AM »

Well, i got in a little late but still faired pretty well. :)  I wish I could have gotten on sooner or those Nightfight babies would have been harder to get. ;)

I do believe this is the first time I have ever gotten a horse for $1,000, let alone two!

Kellathi (Point Given X Kelly Green) - An unraced 3yo and by Point Given to boot!  Worth a 1K risk I think. :)

French Fry (Tiznow X Ch. SweetThunderFries) - I really like this dam line and can't believe I snagged this filly for 1K.  Great Grand Dam is RDC and Grand Dam, Home Fries, is gold rated with multiple MSWer's. 

Taratantara (Giant's Causeway X Wonderifyoullkissme)- Unraced 2yo filly.  I like the GC foals.  I have seemed to have some general good luck with them so i'm excited to see how she does.  She was a little more expensive at 20,500 but she's pretty and tall so we went for it.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 06:46:24 AM »

I knew better, but I looked at the horses with no bids in the auction anyway. ;)

Decided I couldn't pass up on throwing in a 1k bid on CheckingUpOnYou, an unraced 2yo son of Holy Bull and Counting Pepper. His big brother by The Fighting Fifty is stakes placed, so I hope he's got some of that talent as well. :)

Once you've got 60+ 2yos, one more can't hurt, right?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:44:32 AM by Shanthi » Logged
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 07:33:07 AM »

Lol, I've got 61 foals expected next season if I don't sell the 4 mares I have up now. :)
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »

Yeah, not sure I want to contemplate that...I currently own 73 broodmares, all in foal. ;)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »

Just a reminder that there are over 50 horses still without bids in the auction. Go grab a bargain!
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »

I've bought the maximum 5 - any chance the limit could be lifted since there's still so many left? Pretty please ;)

NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot I usually do that for the last couple of days. :) Limit's now 10 per stable.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

Well, it'd be rude not to then lol

NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot I usually do that for the last couple of days. :) Limit's now 10 per stable.

YES! :D
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
DukeItOut9
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Marshall Creek Ranch

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »

I spent 100k on one... can you raise that limit too? :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

Well I snagged two more.  I just can't believe the deals!

Racehorse mare, Garden Whimsy, is joining the ranks.  More for her bloodlines than her racing ablility at this point. ;) She's double silver bred (Seabiscuit X Wildflower), and a winner herself. I have always been a fan of Wildflower and surprised a filly of hers to go so cheap! She hasn't been raced since last year so it'll be interesting to see if she's perked up or slowed down.  We are currently getting her in shape for her first race under CDS silks.

Next we got Bronze rated broodmare, Fairytail.  She's 17.0 and strawberry roan to boot. Strider here we come! :) She's a create and has produced 2 winners of 3 racers.  The one who is not a winner was raced once and placed 5th.  So we think she still has room to improve as a broody.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:05:05 PM by hollyh1125 » Logged
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »

Well I just bid on 4 more a few more lines I don't have, will see how it goes. And one to just play around with!
Ok well like i really needed more, lol. Got all 4.

Vinaha- 2006 broodmare by Omaha out of Created Vinada who produced one MSW and the rest pretty much all winners (ones running) will try with one of my boys for a late foal next season.
just bred her to my new guy Golden Text, the foal will have quite the star studded bloodline, on sires side Gold x A.P. Indy (Seatle Slew) out of Gold rush (Mr Prospector) and dam Vin x Omaha (gallant Fox) lots of old royalty. :)

Scooter Blues 4yo colt by  Black Gold out of Justonelastcigar(cigar) he was 4th or better last yr at 3 ,50% of the time but hasn't raced Since dec. hope he will be a dependable allow. Horse.

ikari his name caught my eye, he's a 3yo,by Rumor has it out of high n fancy, her first foal is a winner, he was only raced once in a Stakes race. So hopefully with some conditioning he will make a good earner.

Scaredy Cat I saw this name and had to have her! Lol! The possibilities when she's a broodmare!! She's a yearling filly by Alley Cat out of Aftershock (another great name) Her dam has produced 9 foals,7 runners all winners with 2 SW's.
She is 1/2 to Ch.Earthquake.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:43:24 PM by Grace Littlef » Logged
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 06:06:58 PM »

Well, I have actually bought close to 20+ horses between this auction and other purchases in 2016... Who needs money laying around anyway, right?

So, as a follow-up on Champagne On Ice, one of my previous purchases, she made $27k on the win in her previous race, which perfectly covers her shipping costs ($26k) and price tag ($1k), which is downright amazing.

And now I have 5 more. Again, each sold for minimum bid. I was looking through these horses when I was supposed to be in class, so I missed a couple of cons for a few in my rush...

Bold Dreams is a stakes placed light chestnut 5yo racehorse out of the bronze-ranked Boldness Shows and the silver ranked Fleeting Dreams. I was excited because I saw that he was starting to pick it up in the last few races of his. Unfortunately, upon closer examination after bidding, he hasn't raced in a half year. Hopefully his prime wasn't wasted while not racing. Hopefully, he's still in his prime.

Delightful Queen is a burgeoning 3yo bay racehorse who has only 6 starts so far, including a stakes entry. She bombed the stakes, but she was also the winner in a claimer. All of these races were this year too, so I know this isn't out-of-date talent. She has room to grow, and the seller had entered her in a race before I bought her, so tomorrow she's running in a free race for me!

Easy Launch is a stakes placed 5yo brown (blech) racehorse out of Easy Goer and Miners Launch, both silver rated. He's done 6 starts spread throughout his lifetime and has three wins and a 3rd in a stakes race. He could have had such a record if he had been raced more! Ah well, hopefully he still has it in him and we can bring out the potential I know he has.

Evil Rumors is a 4yo bay racehorse out of Black Gold (S) and White Christmas (B). He has 12 starts, all last year, where he won once and placed 4th in two stakes races. He hasn't run this year, but we'll see if the additional half year of maturing treated him well.

I made the same mistake again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. GoToThe Devil is a 4yo brown (blech again) racehorse out of Easy Goer and Lucky Desert, both silver rated. He's in Australia. Do I ever learn? Unfortunately, I don't think he'll earn his keep as fast as Champagne On Ice did, because I don't have as good as a feeling about him. Out of 21 starts he has 7 wins. Winning 1/3 of your races is still pretty good, though, so hopefully he can earn a wad of cash before travelling to the States as well.

With any of these boys, I am willing to geld them if I feel studification is out of reach and will improve their performances. With all of the horses I bought this year, I looked for rare lines, some past success, and showed some favor toward boys. The testosterone is low is my stable. Well, it was.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:11:30 PM by Freedom » Logged
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Mixed Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2016 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do 2016 - Theme by Mustang Forums