Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 18, 2021 11:36am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do 2016

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 03:36:49 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Mixed Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do 2016  (Read 4511 times)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »

Rofl at the aus comment! I passed on a couple per your previous post about not looking. Lol, at least you got me looking now. I made that mistake last year with a couple claimers, you get that glazed over eyes look at that pony and boom! Crap wrong country! Lol.  So far I've done not too bad with earning back fees too. :)
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 05:48:56 AM »

Rofl at the aus comment! I passed on a couple per your previous post about not looking. Lol, at least you got me looking now.

I'm glad I influenced you well! Haha, unfortunately, I had to pay the price... twice. ::)
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »

Well, I didn't NEED anymore ponies.  Still, I brought home 3 more for what I feel are low, low prices - should I ever have to sell them in the future, I should at least be able to get my money back out of them...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some surprises:

Catch A Glimpse (x created) is a tiny, tiny broodmare - seriously tinier than I would normally ever consider adding to my broodmare string unless she was a superamazing MSW, which she wasn't.  However, she had a couple things going for her.  First, she didn't run at 2 or 3, but was a multi-winner at 4 (read: she might have been superamazing, and "might" is better than a "definitely wasn't").  She even earned a speed record for 5.5f turf.  Second, she came already in foal to Strider (who is thankfully talented AND tall!) for 2017, saving me a $20k stud fee on a Strider foal.  Finally, she was a steal at $1500.

Kelly Green (x created) is another petite broodmare, but again, she had a few things that swayed me to her side:  though she was unplaced on the track (she only ran 1 year), she has two foals who have raced, one of which is stakes placed and a winner from a handful of starts.  However, her main draw was what's in her womb - she's in foal to my stud, so it gives me a chance to raise another of his babies and (hopefully) make sure he/she is on the right track to succeed.

Just Fleet (x Fleet Street) was purchased because I didn't have any Fleet Street in my barn, and because of her low price tag.  Two of her 3 foals to race have been winners so far, and the third was only lightly raced at 2 (but still is multi-placed).  I see potential here, and for $5500, I'm willing to take a gamble.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »

Well, secured another 5 to add to the original bunch. Again they're all girls - like I don't have enough mares already.

Racehorse Hero's Wings a 5yo daughter of Simply Heroic. MW, MP and a strawberry roan I couldn't resist. She's lightly raced and holds some speed records. Cost $1000.

Mist Win a bronze ranked brood by Twin Oaks. Two stakes placed runners from three runners. Not in foal. Cost $1000.

Jolie's Prospect another bronze ranked brood, by Mr Prospector. Also $1000. Both broods are unraced.

Elegant Denae a created brood who only raced at 6, MW, MP and holds some speed records. Cost $12000. Hope she has some potential as a producer.

RoseTintedGlasses a created yearling. My starter mare was a created strawberry roan and ended up MSW so thought we'd have fun playing with this one.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »

That will teach me to look closer. Lol, I need some strider blood! 
Imagine don't forget you have a filly at my barn too! Her lease runs out jan 1st. Lol , not ready for brood yet though.  I did the same thing, bought girls.(one I ran today and she brought home a 4th) only her second lifetime start. Like I  don't have enough!
I did get a couple of boys to run around maybe have a couple of decent allowance ponies, I hope!
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Mixed Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2016 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do 2016 - Theme by Mustang Forums