Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 22, 2021 4:18am

Final Furlong Forum - Horse "looking a bit lackluster lately" comments...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 08:18:15 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: Horse "looking a bit lackluster lately" comments...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horse "looking a bit lackluster lately" comments...  (Read 706 times)
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »

Recently, for two of my ponies, the jockey has been stating that the horse is "looking a bit lackluster lately" on a fairly regular basis.

The first was an older mare, so I took that to mean that she was beyond her prime and her talent was started to dwindle...
However, now it is occuring with a 3YO filly who never really fired at 2, so that wouldn't seem to be the reason.

I was curious: what types of things can trigger this comment?  Is it low NE (horse being burnt out)? Being outside of their physical prime?  Just trying to take this advice and act accordingly.   :)
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »

It relates to natural energy. Jockeys don't comment on immaturity/has-been status.
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »

If I remember correctly, that particular comment means that NE has dropped pretty low. I would suggest a longer rest at the farm than usual.  :)
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: Horse "looking a bit lackluster lately" comments... « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Horse "looking a bit lackluster lately" comments... - Theme by Mustang Forums