Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 2:46pm

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do? 2016

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:46:16 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? 2016
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do? 2016  (Read 4202 times)
pureblarney
Jockey

Stable Name: Mayfair

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:55:33 AM »

Four foals for less than $20K. Hoorah! A fifth is on her way.

An unnamed filly by Rock of Gibraltar (B) out of Ch. Behind the Mask (S) was nabbed for $1K. She's been named Invincible.

Another unnamed filly by ICh. Prince of Wonder (S) out of Ch. Associated Press was picked up for the very reasonable sum of $1K. She's been named Indian Princess, in honor of her maternal granddam and grandsire.

A filly by WCh. Strider (G) out of Queen Robyn for $15.5K. She's been named Westernesse, the native kingdom of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.

A colt by Sun King out of Crimson Chance (S), who we've named (appropriately) Crimson Sun.

Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:07:27 AM »

I purchased 5 for $74,000. Not too shabby!

Waving Octopus by Octagonal (B) out of Colors Waving (G). We purchased this yearling filly because of her dam, Octopus is 1/2 to NCh. Aptitude and SP Pandora's Box. Octagonal's first foals hit the track this year, they haven't really proven themselves yet. Oh, and I loved his name too :)
Purchase Price: $50,500

Unnamed by NCh. Golden Text out of Keeta (S). Can't believe how cheap I got this filly, Golden Text doesn't have any foals running yet but he's out of A.P. Indy who I love and he was a fantastic runner. Keeta has had some really nice running foals including GCh. Marble Man and SW Kaneseatt. Shes been named Akita
Purchase Price: $1000

Unnamed[/color] by ICh. Sixth Day and out of Ch. Milestone. His dam and sire aren't proven yet as they dont have any running foals yet but I was looking at the lineage further down. Sixth Day is out of Planet Hollywood (great stally) and the GCh. Platinum rated mare Carbon Copy, cant ask for a better mare then that! His dam, Milestone is out of NCh. Lucky Cigar (G) and the silver rated mare Happy Holidays. I this the hollywood lines crossed with the cigar lines should produce a rockin foal. He has been named Mile A Minute
Purchase Price: $20,500

Unnamed[/color] by FFCh. High Chances (S) and out of Trust. Her sire is the reason I purchased this filly, her sire has thrown some great foals and his stud fee is $25,000, making this purchase price a really really good deal. Her dam is a create, heres hoping she throws good running foals! She has been named Tried and True

Black Lotus[/color] by NCh. Black Light II and out of Lotus Blade. Honestly, I loved her name so I bought her! With that said I am really interested to see how Black Light's foals will run, I dont have any horses by him. Her dam is a created mare who never raced so its a shot in the dark how her foals will be. Fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:26:49 PM by Equestriana » Logged
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »

So far I got four, like I needed more! Lol still waiting on one bid.each one was purchased for $1k each

cause to killis now Killer Storm a colt by Giants Causeway out of willing to kill (x-killing time) he's already 15.1 of his predicted 16.1, out of 7 foals racing by his dam, only one is unplaced, 1 is a SP.and being by GC doesn't hurt!

Heart Attack a colt by stressed out of Blu Heart. I wanted him because I needed a stressed horse. .hes predicted to be just 15.3 so far only one foal,from this mare is racing Nd he's placed.

Formerly unnamed colt- Wind Walker he is by Giants Causeway out of ch. legally bay.(out of jacket required (g)((x-class act(g))) he's 14h out of a predicted 17.0 , he is the first baby from this mare.

And a formerly unnamed filly-Dawn of the Dead she is by almost precious (out of precious belle(g))  out of henriquet (x-killing time) she is the first live foal from this mare.she is out of her sires first crop.She is 13.3 of a predicted 17h
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:45:22 AM by Grace Littlef » Logged
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:44:08 AM »

Waving Octopus by Octagonal (B) out of Colors Waving (G). We purchased this yearling filly because of her dam, Octopus is 1/2 to NCh. Aptitude and SP Pandora's Box. Octagonal's first foals hit the track this year, they haven't really proven themselves yet.
Purchase Price: $50,500
I wanted this one! At least I own Pandora's Box  ;D good luck with her!
So far I purchased two fillies, yearling and weanling. Both have been renamed already.

Vera Cruz - a 2016 filly by NCh. Conflagration, out of Ch. Sailor's Girl. She adds some unique bloodlines to our herd. Her granddam GCh. Dark Princess has a 2000 Eclipse Award for 3yo filly.

Hermelinda - 2015 filly by Holy Bull, out of Ch. Art of Song. Her dam is multiple stakes placed, Grade 1 and 2. We only have one other filly by Holy Bull.
Steph
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Fox Run

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »

Just one buy so far for 1k, an unnamed filly by Rock of Gibraltar out of Dream Girl. She is half to a MSW and her dam is a reine de course, the only horse in the game to have s/p, now just to figure out what that means Haha ::). Although her sire is bronze his first crop only ran this year so I am keen to see how they go next year!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:41:20 AM by Steph » Logged
Fox Run Racing - Australia
Home to NCh. Crafty Magic , ICh. Devil's Walk , - Current Studs at Fox Run

Please contact me if you have a Fox Run bred horse you would like to sell of any condition, always interested
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46:08 AM »

Four foals for less than $20K. Hoorah! A fifth is on her way.

An unnamed filly by Rock of Gibraltar (B) out of Ch. Behind the Mask (S) was nabbed for $1K. She's been named Invincible.

Another unnamed filly by ICh. Prince of Wonder (S) out of Ch. Associated Press was picked up for the very reasonable sum of $1K. She's been named Indian Princess, in honor of her maternal granddam and grandsire.

A filly by WCh. Strider (G) out of Queen Robyn for $15.5K. She's been named Westernesse, the native kingdom of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.

A colt by Sun King out of Crimson Chance (S), who we've named (appropriately) Crimson Sun.

Love your names! :)

Just one buy so far for 1k, an unnamed filly by Rock of Gibraltar out of Dream Girl. She is half to a MSW and her dam is a reine de course, the only horse in the game to have s/p, now just to figure out what that means Haha ::). Although her sire is bronze his first crop only ran this year so I am keen to see how they go next year!

S is "solid" and P is "professional", but it basically means they lean towards slow for long distances rather than super fast in sprints.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »

Secured four from the original wish list, for $1000 each. Really pleased as they've all got IMHO lovely pedigrees, each descending from my favourite lines in the FF stud book. They're all previously unnamed weanlings so we'll have to wait a while until their ready to run.

Masquerade Ball NCh Formal Occasion x Moonlight (Time Bomb)
May 28, 1st foal for a MW, MP mare. Dam is out of Timeless Wiccan (G) making her half sister to eight stakes level performers including NCh Always In Demand, GCh Salem and GCh Western Magic.

Private Dancer ICh Magic Glory (S) x Secret Promises (Silver Secrets (G))
Feb 15, 1st foal for SW mare, a daughter of Dance For Me, herself a daughter of RDC mare Dance at Dawn. We already have Dance For Me and her daughter Peep Show and couldn't pass on another family member. Her sire seems quite nice and brings some new lines for us.

Trapeze Tiznow (B) x Upstage Dancer (S) (Northern Slew)
Apr 27, 7th foal and so far only filly for her dam. Half sister to our own GCh Baringa, much loved here at GB. Despite her sire's quite poor record we're very pleased to have her. Upstage Dancer is herself a half sister to our platinum ranked brood Crowd Pleaser.

War of Words War Chant (B) x Ch Primrose (Northern Dancer)
Jan 30, another first foal for a MSW dam. Primrose is a daughter of gold-ranked Rosebud, dam of ICh What's Your Point. The wider family includes ICh Witness. War Chant seems to produce quite consistent runners.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:25:52 AM »

Secured four from the original wish list, for $1000 each. Really pleased as they've all got IMHO lovely pedigrees, each descending from my favourite lines in the FF stud book. They're all previously unnamed weanlings so we'll have to wait a while until their ready to run.

Masquerade Ball NCh Formal Occasion x Moonlight (Time Bomb)
May 28, 1st foal for a MW, MP mare. Dam is out of Timeless Wiccan (G) making her half sister to eight stakes level performers including NCh Always In Demand, GCh Salem and GCh Western Magic.

Private Dancer ICh Magic Glory (S) x Secret Promises (Silver Secrets (G))
Feb 15, 1st foal for SW mare, a daughter of Dance For Me, herself a daughter of RDC mare Dance at Dawn. We already have Dance For Me and her daughter Peep Show and couldn't pass on another family member. Her sire seems quite nice and brings some new lines for us.

Trapeze Tiznow (B) x Upstage Dancer (S) (Northern Slew)
Apr 27, 7th foal and so far only filly for her dam. Half sister to our own GCh Baringa, much loved here at GB. Despite her sire's quite poor record we're very pleased to have her. Upstage Dancer is herself a half sister to our platinum ranked brood Crowd Pleaser.

War of Words War Chant (B) x Ch Primrose (Northern Dancer)
Jan 30, another first foal for a MSW dam. Primrose is a daughter of gold-ranked Rosebud, dam of ICh What's Your Point. The wider family includes ICh Witness. War Chant seems to produce quite consistent runners.

Love your names, too. :)
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »

Thank you. Naming ponies is one of my favourite parts :P

ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »

For the first time ever, we picked out ponies that no one else wanted, and walked away with 3 babies (probably 3 more than we needed :P) for $3,000 total. If any of these boys do well, it may be our most profitable auction.

Off The Charts is a yearling son of ICh. Take Me Away (B) and Chart Topper (created). His dam was sporadically raced (by Final Furlong) at ages 4, 5, and 6, and still managed a few wins and a stakes place. Her first foal, a filly by War Chant, is unplaced to date, but also under FF management. This boy's a good size (16.1h) so we're hoping he does well next year.

Metalkprettyoneday is a weanling son of Octagonal (B) and Ch. Subject to Learn (by GCh. Harvard Bound). He's the first foal of his dam, who was a multiple stakes winner on the track. He's named after the David Sedaris book, because David Sedaris is awesome.

Devil Incarnate is a weanling son of Octagonal (B) and Soul Action (B) (created). His dam was stakes placed on the track, and his big sister is a winner on the track.

Octagonal's been good to us so far, so we're hoping these boys at least earn back their purchase price, and then some. ;)
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »

Picked up four for a whopping $14,500  ;D.

Revenge of the Cat, ICh. Alley Cat (B) x Ch. Avenging Angel, by Magic Man (B) (but 4.7 Silver as a broodmare sire).
I'm pretty leery of the Alley Cat's because they tend to not run straight but now and again you'll have a good one. Revenge of the Cat has a high DI and his dam is half to A Reason to Love (dam of 2 MSW's). Magic Man's 10 daughters have also produced MSW NCh. Black Light II and MSW Ch. Rocket Smoke (whom I own). Plus I liked his name and he's a dapple gray which I'm a sucker for.

Storm the Castle, Giant's Causeway (B) x American Graffiti (B), by NCh. Killing Time (S)
Formerly named Flames Golden Cross. I wanted a Giant's Causeway and really liked this girl. American Graffiti only has 3 racing-age foals but one is unraced, a 2nd only made 2 starts at 2 and has been inactive since 2015, and her one active runner is a SW. American Graffiti is also out of American Chance (G), dam of NCh. Diplomat, Home Fries (G), and GCh. Higher Agenda.

Star Spangled, NCh. Starz 'n' Stripes (S) x Apple Pie, by A.P. Indy (S)
Formerly named All American Girl. I like Starz 'n' Stripes but only had 1 other horse from his line (via Starzen) so this girl definitely caught my eye! Tthe A.P. Indy/Starz 'n' Stripes cross has done fairly well between two runners and Apple Pie is out of Sugary Lips (G).

Greysteil, NCh. Nobly Regal x Goforburst (S), by Highland Rogue (P)
I typically avoid weanlings but I really, really wanted this boy. Nobly Regal is by Danzig (G) out of Delightful Natalie (G); Nobly Regal's first crop was born this year. Goforburst was a really consistent runner, hitting the board 15/19 times; she is out of Prospector's Gamble (G) dam of MSW's GCh. Cigar's Gamble and ICh. Clendon Park (G). Nobly Regal is half to GCh. Goforbust. Greysteil (graysteel) was a medieval poem from the 16th century. He was my most expensive boy at 11k.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:22:38 PM by Shelbie » Logged
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Yes It's Paddy
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

Secured our final choice, somewhat more expensive than the other recruits @ $90000   :o
Still he's from AP Indy's last crop out of a stakes level mare by Seabiscuit.

Prohibition AP Indy x Rum Runner (Seabiscuit).
Feb 3, first foal for SW, MSP mare. Dam is out of the gold ranked Apple Pie.

All in all happy with what we've come home with.

ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »

And the last one is at the barn. I was thinking of this colt at the beginning, but then wanted another one, but that other colt was soon taken for the maximum price. So I looked back at the auction and this one remained unnoticed.

El Consuelo - I continue with the Spanish-themed names ;) - the name means "comfort", as I hope that he will be as good as the other colt. He's by Octagonal, and I only have one other weanling by this stud, a filly. El Consuelo's dam, Out of This, is a twin. Her sister's name is Out of That. Her sister also has a weanling foal, but not consigned to the auction. They are by Danzig (G), and we have none of his blood at Clicker Lab. Also, Out of That is stakes placed (Gr. 1) and has two speed records on dirt. So I think that this is a quite interesting pedigree and hopefully he'll be successful on the track. Purchased for $1,000.

Total spent: $12,500. Not bad for three horses.
pureblarney
Jockey

Stable Name: Mayfair

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »

He's named after the David Sedaris book, because David Sedaris is awesome.

Too true. :) I've met his sister a couple of times at parties in New York, and she's hysterical.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »

Too true. :) I've met his sister a couple of times at parties in New York, and she's hysterical.

Jealous!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? 2016 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do? 2016 - Theme by Mustang Forums