Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 21, 2021 2:45am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do? 2016

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:45:01 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do? 2016  (Read 4058 times)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »

Added one more for another $1k  formerly (unnamed )Regal Delights,grey,wean, colt by nobly regal out of Kelly green just caught my eye so what the heck! :)
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
ThreeCrosses
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »

I picked up five more for a total of ten. This was a great opportunity to add numbers to our stable.

The last five we added were:

Impressive Angel - yearling filly
Ch Mr Townsend (B) x Connoisseur (Who Says (B))
Who Says is a Silver ranked broodmare sire and Connoisseur wasn't a terrible runner herself.

Jetinwith Kennedy - yearling filly
Ch Mr Townsend (B) x Westside Story (West Wind (S))
Westside Story was also a decent runner with good longetivity. Her sire West Wind is another silver ranked broodmare sire. I'm not a fan of the name and will probably change it.

Influential Secret - yearling filly
NCh Government Secret x Affluenza
Her dam is stakes placed, this is her first filly.

And since we had grabbed so many yearlings, I thought I could spare for some weanlings

Unnamed - weanling filly
Oscillation (B) x Ch Kids Choice (create)
First foal from her SW MSP dam.

Unnamed - weanling filly
NCh Nobly Regal x Say Goodnight (b) (create)
Half to three winners and a SW MSP filly.

Tons of fun. We got 8 yearlings (6 fillies 2 colts) and 2 weanling fillies for 21,500. Building up the future broodmare band :)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »

Dixie Time x Mezzo Soprano = Whistling Dixie

You'll need to rename her, as there's a Whistlin' Dixie in the game already.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »

Well, we didn't need anymore ponies but we got another 5 for $1000 a piece. Only one yearling though so we're mostly playing a waiting game with these.

Ooh La La Sneak Peek (B) x Kelly's Classic (I'm A Classic) caught my attention as I really like Sneak Peek even though he's not the greatest stallion. Dam is MW, MP and has one foal prior to this one. Hoping she'll be consistent at allowance level.

The Great Pumpkin Boldness Shows (B) x Country Pumpkin (B) is our only yearling. We've had some success with our only Boldness Shows runner to date and the name's amusing if nothing else. Dam has six foals but only two have raced, both are winners

Brave Highlander Boldness Shows (B) x It's An Honour (Highland Pride) is a first foal for a W, MP dam. Although she only won a single race she was consistently OTB.

Silver Sixpence The Fighting Fifty (B) x Silver Story (B) (Silver Legend). Dam has 5 runners, all are winners. She's unplaced in one start herself but is a half-sister to the gold ranked dams of GCh Blue Emperess and GCh Quarren.

State Secret Government Secret x Act of Faith (Affirmed) 1st foal for MW, MP dam. Sire is retired but has done well with quite small crops.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »

Ooh La La Sneak Peek (B) x Kelly's Classic (I'm A Classic) caught my attention as I really like Sneak Peek even though he's not the greatest stallion. Dam is MW, MP and has one foal prior to this one. Hoping she'll be consistent at allowance level.

Glad you got her! I hope she does well for you.
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Yes It's Paddy
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »

And we added another five babies to our stable for $1k each again, bring total horses purchased in 2016 to 35. I was pretty strict with only buying little ones for $1k so that I wouldn't overspend.

Pentagram (Octagonal (B) x Ch. Just One Thing (B)) is out of a stakes placed mare. I was also still aiming for real life studs to increase variety around my stable.
formerly Gee Me Look Awsome

Fission (NCh. Government Secret (B) x Impact On Tigers) is out of a monster 17.3h mare. This should be a tall one when she grows up.
formerly Lady Tigress

Ascension (NCh. Black Warrior x Meant To Be (B)) has nothing necessarily remarkable about her, but I was drawn to her because I do not have any Black Warrior babies and I really needed more girls.
formerly Futuristic

Vacancy (NCh. Void (B) x Dixie Festival (B)) is out of a mare who might have had a better racing career if she had started running sooner. I was really interested in a baby by Void too.
formerly Unnamed

Epilogue (ICh. Stressed (B) x At World's End) is not out of a remarkable mare either, but I wanted someone by Stressed.
I didn't rename this guy because his name is already my style.
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
hollyh1125
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »

Well, 1k is just so cheap for these pretty little babies so we got a couple, too. :)

Devil's Star (ICh. Devil His Due X February Star)
Cute little Devil weanling. Thought I'd give her a fair start on the track.

Go Getter (GCh. Harvard Bound (B) X Click On Go(B))
Not the most impressive breeding but mom has produced 2 winners so far.  He's a 15.2H liver chestnut yearling that just caught our eye. 

It's fun to pick them up at the end and see if they end up being superstars. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? 2016 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do? 2016 - Theme by Mustang Forums