Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 4:15pm

Final Furlong Forum - Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:15:05 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017  (Read 2268 times)
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: North Oak Farms Inc.

View Profile http://www.northstarstud.com
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »

Good to know!  Thanks.  I've got a quarter of my string racing tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a nice paycheck and can take a peek at that nomination page.  Putting it at the top of my gaming to-do list  for tomorrow :)
North Oak Farms, Inc.

NCh. Cryptic Ballad (Created x Created) -2009 SC Eclipse Champion Colt- Bronze, LFG, $5,000
NCh. The Fighting Fifty (Starz 'n' Stripes x Kiss Of Time)- Wnr of G1 Champagne S, Preakness S, Santa Anita Derby- Speed record at 6.5f dirt -Bronze, LFG, $10,000
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »

Shanthi - I don't know if you can manually update the Qualifiers list. If you can, I have one horse, Flight of Silk, who is in the lists for a number of races, but who won't be able to run due to injury. If you can remove her from the lists, then that might open slots for other horses, especially as she in in the list for 6 races.

She is in the Sprint, Filly & Mare Sprint, Dirt Mile, Classic, Filly & Mare Turf & Distaff

Lewis
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 02:07:27 AM »

On the supplemental nomination page where it lists the horses I can nominate, one of them is listed as qualified '5 of 5' and '5 of 6', but she doesn't show up in the page of that race.  *scratches head cluelessly*
North Oak Farms, Inc.

NCh. Cryptic Ballad (Created x Created) -2009 SC Eclipse Champion Colt- Bronze, LFG, $5,000
NCh. The Fighting Fifty (Starz 'n' Stripes x Kiss Of Time)- Wnr of G1 Champagne S, Preakness S, Santa Anita Derby- Speed record at 6.5f dirt -Bronze, LFG, $10,000
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 02:26:26 AM »

They don't show up on the qualifiers list until AFTER they are nominated.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 02:40:56 AM »

OHHHHH!!! *lightbulb*
thanks!
North Oak Farms, Inc.

North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »

Am I having another brain fart?  I have more than $150k in my account, but it's not letting me see the horses I want to nominate. 
North Oak Farms, Inc.

Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »

Am I having another brain fart?  I have more than $150k in my account, but it's not letting me see the horses I want to nominate. 

I'll need more info to decipher the issue.
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »

Shanthi - Does the code take into account a Stable's Bank Balance when deciding on eligible Nominations?

The lowest BC Supplementary Nomination Fee is $180k and the lowest BC Entry Fee is $200k. Could that be the reason Trish isn't seeing anything?
Lewis
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 02:21:26 AM »

I thought it was 150k?  That might be the issue.  I have 160k.
North Oak Farms, Inc.

Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 03:40:55 AM »

Oops. The lowest BC Entry Fee is $100k, not $200k, but the lowest BC Supplementary Nomination Fee is $180k.

You do realize that the Nomination Fee doesn't include the Entry Fee. Even if you had enough to Nominate a horse for a race, you'd still have to find the Entry Fee on top of that. In other words, the minimum you'd need to find to Nominate and Enter a horse in one of the BC races would be $280k.
Lewis
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 03:44:30 AM »

Oh I'm sure I'll come up with it by then ;)
I just wanted to see where my ponies might stand in the rankings is all, so I can decide who to nominate, if any.
North Oak Farms, Inc.

Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 04:14:41 AM »

Good luck.

When I first started in FF, I didn't have the funds to Nominate and enter any horses in the BC (nor did I have any horses good enough to enter) until I was in my 3rd year. Then I was blessed enough to have 4 horses good enough to run and 3 of them ended up winning their races.
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 07:55:49 AM »

Yes, it does take budget into account.
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »

How can you tell what the actual entry fee is going to be?  Specifically the Breeders' Cup SC Distaff Endurance
North Oak Farms, Inc.

Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 03:31:10 PM »

How can you tell what the actual entry fee is going to be?  Specifically the Breeders' Cup SC Distaff Endurance

The Entry Fee for any race is 5% of the Total Purse money. In this case, the Total Purse money is $2,000,000 so the Entry Fee will be $100,000.
Lewis
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017 - Theme by Mustang Forums