Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 19, 2021 7:05pm

Final Furlong Forum - Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 11:05:04 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017  (Read 2279 times)
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »

Shanthi - I have a question about qualifier Tie-breakers. I have noticed that there is a fluctuation in rankings from one minute to the next.

In the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, one of my horses, Londesborough Boy is currently showing up as 20th, with 83 pts, 2 Stakes Wins, 2 Stakes Places and 0 Allowance Wins. Earlier this morning, a different horse was showing up as 20th, with 83 pts, 2 Stakes Wins, 2 Stakes Places and 0 Allowance Wins. When it comes down to the last day for entries (i.e. Monday 28th), how will either of the owners know which horse is eligible to be entered, assuming the race doesn't have 14 entries already?
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »

Earnings would be the tie-breaker.
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: North Oak Farms Inc.

View Profile http://www.northstarstud.com
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 09:46:28 PM »

Thanks, Lewis! (and shanthi)

I have a mare and the qualifier page says she's #5 of 6 if I nominate her, so I'm really tempted.  That's a pretty high percentage at getting a paycheck if she entered, right? 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:54:21 PM by North Oak Farms » Logged
North Oak Farms, Inc.

NCh. Cryptic Ballad (Created x Created) -2009 SC Eclipse Champion Colt- Bronze, LFG, $5,000
NCh. The Fighting Fifty (Starz 'n' Stripes x Kiss Of Time)- Wnr of G1 Champagne S, Preakness S, Santa Anita Derby- Speed record at 6.5f dirt -Bronze, LFG, $10,000
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »

I have a mare and the qualifier page says she's #5 of 6 if I nominate her, so I'm really tempted.  That's a pretty high percentage at getting a paycheck if she entered, right? 

Not really. My ponies have a bad habit of being near the top of the qualification list and then not even hitting the board. My bank account doesn't really appreciate that. But maybe your luck is better than mine?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 07:15:07 AM »

Based on 6 entries, yes - if she's competitive against those 5 horses.
North Oak Farms
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: North Oak Farms Inc.

View Profile http://www.northstarstud.com
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »

Based on 6 entries, yes - if she's competitive against those 5 horses.

She's got better times than one of the other horses confirmed to run, so my fingers are crossed! :)
North Oak Farms, Inc.

NCh. Cryptic Ballad (Created x Created) -2009 SC Eclipse Champion Colt- Bronze, LFG, $5,000
NCh. The Fighting Fifty (Starz 'n' Stripes x Kiss Of Time)- Wnr of G1 Champagne S, Preakness S, Santa Anita Derby- Speed record at 6.5f dirt -Bronze, LFG, $10,000
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Breeder's Cup Qualifiers - 2017 - Theme by Mustang Forums