Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 2:42pm

Final Furlong Forum - 2017 Horses Consigned

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:42:35 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: 2017 Horses Consigned
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Horses Consigned  (Read 1809 times)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »

This was done via a script, so any requests for specific horses to be added were not handled. Eventually, the beta will allow you to request a horse be considered for consignment, which the script will take into account.

Reserves were done via a very basic calculation, so don't read too much into them. (And if any are super off, I'll tweak them manually.)

Enjoy!
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »

Oh gosh, I'm scared to look!!

But how can I resist? Thanks for the heads up.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »

Actually, what I find scary is the fact that, while there is the usual 5 horse purchased limit, the $100,000 maximum spending limit that is usually associated with these Annual Auctions has been removed. Does this mean that the reserves are higher than normal, or is it just to make the auction more interesting?

Either way, I have my eyes on quite a few of the horses consigned (more than 5) so will have to rank them in order of preference and decide on my Maximums for each of them.
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:23:39 PM »

Actually, what I find scary is the fact that, while there is the usual 5 horse purchased limit, the $100,000 maximum spending limit that is usually associated with these Annual Auctions has been removed. Does this mean that the reserves are higher than normal, or is it just to make the auction more interesting?

That's the whole point of the select auction - stakes quality horses at whatever prices the market deems fair. ;)  >:D
Chicago
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:40:11 PM »

So many tempting horses! I just hope I can afford a few without overspending too much... Especially some of those drool worthy broodmares. :)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »

The select auction has no limit hence SELECT in the title, I've bought some awesome broods in the past here, horses in this action have special breeding, stakes quality, high rankings etc. I can't afford this yr so consigned one very RARE blooded filly and a Slew OScots colt I had specially bred
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 01:51:22 AM »

I've seen ponies go for several million at these auctions. Granted, it's a buyer's market this year, so I think prices may be a bit lower than usual. Generally I've had to pay at least 250k for a nice broodmare. 100k for racehorses.
Steph
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Fox Run

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 02:01:31 AM »

This will be interesting :)
Fox Run Racing - Australia
Home to NCh. Crafty Magic , ICh. Devil's Walk , - Current Studs at Fox Run

Please contact me if you have a Fox Run bred horse you would like to sell of any condition, always interested
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 03:45:15 AM »

Been looking at past year's bragposts, and I have an awesome tendency to strike out (i.e. pay high prices for ponies that turn out to be duds.) Maybe I should just sit this one out?
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:07:45 AM »

Is your willpower that strong? :p
Mine isn't.

My only saving grace will be my fear of spending large sums. The reserves are typically enough to scare me off, but I have my eye on a few already without even digging too deeply.

For newbies and people without deep pockets, the racers and especially young stock tend to be the most easily affordable. I've had good luck that way.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »

I want just three, but they might be expensive ;) at least one of them would make me happy too!
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »

As there are still 70+ horses available, I've upped the purchase limit to 7 horses per stable.

Happy bidding!
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »

I have tried to bid on a couple of other horses but, when I click on the Bid button, the horses Bid History screen comes up but there is nowhere to place my bid (I have already won 5 horses in this Auction).

BTW - Is there any chance you might consider lowering the Reserves on those that are still left? I realize that you will have to be careful with this as there are a couple of stables who have bid on a number of horses whose Reserves haven't been met so have gone on to bid on other horses. If you did a generic across the board reduction on Reserve prices, they could end up winning more than 7 horses. Maybe if you did reduce the Reserves for all the horses remaining that either haven't been bid on or that have been bid on but the bids haven't met their Reserves (obviously the Reserve won't matter if the high bid on a horse is more than its Reserve), you could also remove all bids on those that haven't met their Reserves yet.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:09:53 PM by Starfish » Logged
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »

I have tried to bid on a couple of other horses but, when I click on the Bid button, the horses Bid History screen comes up but there is nowhere to place my bid (I have already won 5 horses in this Auction).

Sorry, just fixed that - accidentally increased the Foal Auction horse limit, not the Select Auction.

BTW - Is there any chance you might consider lowering the Reserves on those that are still left?

If you have any specific horses that you feel have reserves that are too high, feel free to point them out. I'm not just going to blanket lower the reserves to save money though. :p
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »

Sorry, just fixed that - accidentally increased the Foal Auction horse limit, not the Select Auction.

Thanks. It doesn't matter to me about the Reserves as my bids on the 2 additional horses have both met their Reserves.
Lewis
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: 2017 Horses Consigned « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2017 Horses Consigned - Theme by Mustang Forums