Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 24, 2021 3:49am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do 2017

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 07:49:51 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do 2017  (Read 3594 times)
eastervalley
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 02:34:19 AM »

I've had 5 for a few days, with some tentative bidding still ongoing.

With only 10 broodmares before the auction, my main goal was to add some quality broodmares to my stock (or some nice racing mares I can retire soon).

Ch. Metroid Fusion, an 8-year-old created broodmare with 4 stakes wins and 4 speed records, unproven as a producer as of yet, for $35,000.

My decision to purchase Tundra, a 9-year-old broodmare, was based more on her bloodline (Redwood Prince (G) x Klondike Gold (S)) than her race record, which is unimpressive overall.  However, she was clearly raced past her prime, and her 2-3 year old record is a lot stronger. $25,000.

Ch. Llano River (Irish River (G) x Texas Cowgirl (S)) is still racing as a 4-year-old, but depending on how she does on the track following a rest at the farm, she may be bred in the spring. In addition to her nice lines, she is MSP and made a speed record over 15f in January of this year.  $25,000.

Showmethemagic
(Gimmeashot (S) x Highland Sorceress (P)) is a bit young to be thinking of breeding yet, as she is only 3.  She is the last foal of her Platinum-ranked dam, who has produced 6 MSWs and 2 SWs.  As she's still 2 inches under her expected height, I'm hoping she still needs to mature, and I might see some stakes performance out of her.  Anyway, she's still NW2-eligible, so hopefully I'll at least be able to recoop some of my $64,000 purchase price - she was the most expensive horse I bought!

Finally, I picked up a yearling colt (Moonopoly (B) x Deborah), bringing up my yearling total to 3.  His dam is a MSW, and was purchased by Starfish at last year's select auction for $200k. He has been named Space Race. $31,000.
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 05:52:27 AM »

I own Devils Wench :) , I didn't even notice there was one of her line in the auction
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do 2017 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do 2017 - Theme by Mustang Forums