Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 23, 2021 2:09am

Final Furlong Forum - Debate about FF Famous Stallion Options

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:09:49 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Debate about FF Famous Stallion Options
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Debate about FF Famous Stallion Options  (Read 1186 times)
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »

Personally, I tend not to use outside stallions as we have six at our Farm right now and will be adding at least two more next year.

That said, when I did use outside stallions, I didn't select a stallion to breed to based on his RL racing or breeding records. I would select a stallion based on his FF racing and breeding records.

So, unless the "Famous" stallion actually entered FF as a 2yo and raced in FF for 2-3 years and was then Retired To Stud (if his FF racing record qualified him to do so), I wouldn't even look at him.
Lewis
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »

I would still like to keep some RL racers although possibly not as many as we have now, simply to add/maintain some bloodline diversity. I think if they are eradicated altogether (and I'm also thinking of when the time comes when Shanthi said that new creates would be phased out) we could end up with a really limited number of mostly related studs to breed from. Not sure how long that might take, possibly years, although if it ever got to that stage perhaps RL studs could be reintroduced (not necessarily the same ones as we already had).
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:56 AM »

I think Rahy and Saddler Wells make a good argument for keeping at least some of the famous studs. Their sons will diversify the breeding population that is pretty heavy on the Rogue/Worth lines.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »

Out of curiosity I had a look at how many game studs are descendants of famous studs (past or present). From those currently active, 34 have at least one famous ancestor. None of the current famous studs other than Point Given have a representative yet but I think in a few years we might see some of the current studs in future lines. It's nothing scientific I just wanted to see which of the current studs we'd be without if there's been no famous studs. Probably the most notable would be Nightfight, Magic Glory and What's Your Point - all currently gold ranked and by famous studs.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Steph
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Fox Run

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »

On that note my top two stable earners are Ishka who is by Sadler's Wells and Devil's Walk by Nightfight, id currently be in the red without these two
Fox Run Racing - Australia
Home to NCh. Crafty Magic , ICh. Devil's Walk , - Current Studs at Fox Run

Please contact me if you have a Fox Run bred horse you would like to sell of any condition, always interested
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Debate about FF Famous Stallion Options « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Debate about FF Famous Stallion Options - Theme by Mustang Forums