Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 2:36pm

Final Furlong Forum - Up and coming 2YO's for 2018 :)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:36:07 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Up and coming 2YO's for 2018 :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Up and coming 2YO's for 2018 :)  (Read 1695 times)
Whispy
Beta Testers
Groom

Stable Name: Whisperwood Acres

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »

This is my first year of having a hearty supply of babies, versus 5 or 6 in previous crops. I have a lot of wildcards, but in looking through what I have, there's two or three that I'm looking forward to running.

Still The One - by WCh. Nightfight out of Pale Moon (created)
I'm looking forward to this one mainly for Nightfight's influence. Pale Moon is a 2.5 Bronze rating, but her 2yo filly is just starting to come into her own, and I'm excited to see this colt emulate her.

Tell Me Why - by NCh. Bellagio out of Just For You (created)
Just For You is silver ranked and one of my best mares, but she died after foaling a colt the year after this filly. I bought her late in life to pad the quality of my stock, so I'm looking forward to seeing what her two contributions have to offer.

La Reina Poderosa - by GCh. Simply Heroic out of Swamp Duck, by Turbo Tide
Swamp Duck makes good babies, so I assume this one will follow in her siblings' steps. They seem to have good 2yo seasons, tail off at 3, then make a resurgence at 4. No stakes winners yet, but I'm happy with consistency. That's where the money's at.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Up and coming 2YO's for 2018 :) « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Up and coming 2YO's for 2018 :) - Theme by Mustang Forums