Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 8:42am

Final Furlong Forum - 4/30

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 12:42:50 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 4/30
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4/30  (Read 305 times)
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »

Could have gone better but overall not too bad.

Wonder's Princess finished a respectable fifth in the Ungr King's Point Handicap. In a field of mostly colts I'm satisfied with how she did. She's a gutsy mare with good bloodlines.

Swell Time, won his claiming race and came home with us. I'm over the moon about it. A son of Arda he's raced 3 times with first, second and fourth places. We'll try him out at 6 furlongs next time out.

in A Tizzy, a Tiznow mare also brought home a paycheck today with a second in her allowance.

Flawless Dancer, by Jazz It Up finished fourth. She faded at the finish, but had been in the lead from the 8 furlong pole.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »

Very pleased with our 2yos today.

3-2-1-0-0 $22,000

WINS:
Don't Pass Go (ICh. V is for Victory x Ch. Passin' Sandi) First foal from this MSW mare.

Ephemeral (ICh. Highland Magic x Fleeting Dreams) Half-sister to SWs Black Cigar and A.P. Dreams

PLACE:
Faery's Wish (WCh. Express Yourself x Night Faery) First foal from this winning mare
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »

11(9)-5(4)-1-0-0 $551,400

Almost an all-or-nothing day, with 5 more wins, and although we had 5 Also Rans, 4 of them earned checks for finishing 5th in their respective races. We had another G1W, and our only 2yo runner today won her race.

Wins
G.Ch. Last For More, (4yo, Lasting Spirit x Back For More) in the G1 Railway Stakes in Australia. His 2nd win for this year, both G1W.
Ch. Dior, (3yo, Spock x Poltergeist) in the G3 Withers Stakes at Aqueduct. This is the 3rd consecutive year that this race has been won by a Starfish horse.
Fire Magic, (4yo, Highland Magic x Flames of War) in the G3 George C. Hendrie Stakes at Woodbine. She won her first race for us since we bought her in the Stillwater Farms Auction.
Nightmare Dreamer, (2yo, Black Warrior x Sheza Dreamer) in an NW2 at Belmont.
Ch. Song Thief, (3yo, Cool Thief x Play Those Tunes) in the G3 Champion Fillies in Australia. Her 3rd win this year, all SW.

Seconds
Ministry of Magic, (3yo, Magic Glory x Must be a Mystery) in an NW3 in England, beaten by a Head.

Also Ran
Ch. Driving Miss Sally, (5yo, Tiznow x Dreams Never End)
Ch. Helena, (4yo, Highland Wizard x Spiletta)
Ch. National Dream, (4yo, Gunningdownromance x American Rhapsody)
G.Ch. Superdocious, (4yo, Worth the Wait x Whistlin' Dixie)
Ch. wonziT, (3yo, Tiznow x Backwards Image)

In addition, we claimed Shebreakstherules, who finished 3rd in her Claiming Race.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:53:55 PM by Starfish » Logged
Lewis
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

Most amazing day of the year!

I claimed 2yo filly Winter Queen, a daughter of Gold ranked NCh. Queen which I bought last year at a September auction for $750,500, in foal to Point Given, and sadly her filly was stillborn. So I'm more than happy to have Queen's 2yo filly! Winter Queen is by FFCh. Foolhardy, so it's a classical Worth/Rogue cross and amazing pedigree. The filly won her claimer by 2 1/2 lengths and we're excited to bring her home.

My Toni's Pride, a recently claimed steeplechase colt also won his race, by impressive 8 1/2 lengths.

3yo Esprit d'Escalier easily won her starter allowance.

3yo Fine Glass finished 4th/6 in a NW1. Time to ship her home from Australia...

3yo Creme Carmela was 4th/8 in NW1. Maybe we'll think of jump trials.

3yo Mananita was 5th/6 in open allowance.
Steph
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Fox Run

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 07:26:08 AM »

What good luck Hilda!
Fox Run Racing - Australia
Home to NCh. Crafty Magic , ICh. Devil's Walk , - Current Studs at Fox Run

Please contact me if you have a Fox Run bred horse you would like to sell of any condition, always interested
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 4/30 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 4/30 - Theme by Mustang Forums