Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 14, 2021 12:14pm

Final Furlong Forum - Couple ideas

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 04:14:14 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: Couple ideas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couple ideas  (Read 846 times)
Steph
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Fox Run

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:22:23 PM »

Just been thinking of some things not sure if they're already in the works

On the stable page it would be nice if the unbred broodmares were listed like the entered race horses. As in 'You have X broodmares not bred yet' and the window listing them pops up when you click it. Since I'm not breeding some I have quite a long list taking up space

Also I am assuming most races are based on real ones but could there possibly be some more steeple chase races with big prize money throughout the year (or increased money)? Steeple horses have a diminished earning capacity compared to horses on the flat and I find it a bit of a disappointment whenever I realise that's where their potential is. Maybe I'm just having a whinge about that one but since the beta is in the works I thought I'd try lol
Fox Run Racing - Australia
Home to NCh. Crafty Magic , ICh. Devil's Walk , - Current Studs at Fox Run

Please contact me if you have a Fox Run bred horse you would like to sell of any condition, always interested
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:42:15 AM »

On the stable page it would be nice if the unbred broodmares were listed like the entered race horses. As in 'You have X broodmares not bred yet' and the window listing them pops up when you click it. Since I'm not breeding some I have quite a long list taking up space

In the beta, unbred mares will be an alert, so your stable page won't be cluttered.

Also I am assuming most races are based on real ones but could there possibly be some more steeple chase races with big prize money throughout the year (or increased money)? Steeple horses have a diminished earning capacity compared to horses on the flat and I find it a bit of a disappointment whenever I realise that's where their potential is. Maybe I'm just having a whinge about that one but since the beta is in the works I thought I'd try lol

I plan to overhaul the race schedule once everything else gets done. That'll include more stakes races for jumpers and more purse money.
Steph
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Fox Run

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 06:26:17 AM »

Awesome :)
Fox Run Racing - Australia
Home to NCh. Crafty Magic , ICh. Devil's Walk , - Current Studs at Fox Run

Please contact me if you have a Fox Run bred horse you would like to sell of any condition, always interested
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »

I plan to overhaul the race schedule once everything else gets done. That'll include more stakes races for jumpers and more purse money.

Perhaps there could be more open allowances and claimers (on the flat too), and less low-level races for older horses? There is quite a lot of NW1, NW2, NW3 allowances for 4yo+ horses, and there aren't that many of them... people will often sell/retire the horse if it doesn't win until this age. I think these races could be replaced with claimers and open allowances for the older or 3yo horses which aren't stakes level but still run well.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 07:49:02 AM »

Perhaps there could be more open allowances and claimers (on the flat too), and less low-level races for older horses? There is quite a lot of NW1, NW2, NW3 allowances for 4yo+ horses, and there aren't that many of them... people will often sell/retire the horse if it doesn't win until this age. I think these races could be replaced with claimers and open allowances for the older or 3yo horses which aren't stakes level but still run well.

I plan to completely overhaul the race schedule at some point. Like I said, I need to get everything else done first. :P
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: Couple ideas « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Couple ideas - Theme by Mustang Forums