Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 24, 2021 1:34am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd you do 2018

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 05:34:52 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: How'd you do 2018
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd you do 2018  (Read 2157 times)
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

I actually forgot the Select Auction was going on so I came in late and decided to zero in on the cheapest I can find.

Picked up All of the Lights, a pretty dark bay weanling filly by Starzen (B) - Running Lights (S) for $25,000. She's a half-sister to two stakes winners.

Have a bid on one more horse.
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
JohnGant
Jockey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

I made two bids on the final day for Peculiarity and Apt Witness but did not receive them. Their reserve was $5000 which is what I bid but they still show up as being owned by Final Furlong.

I made the bids with around 18-19 hours left in the auction so I don't know if they didnt get processed because a whole 24 hours didn't pass?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »

John, I've set them for sale to you - the script that deletes finished auctions collided with the script that sells sold horses.
JohnGant
Jockey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »

Thanks  :)
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

I missed most of the auction due to the hospital stay and caring for our new munchkin, but I did pop in long enough to put bids in on two (just to get them out of FF's hands):

SIMPLY NORDIC - dark bay yearling filly
SIRE: ICh. Sleipnir {B} (NCh. Lucky Cigar {G} x NCh. You Belong {G})
DAM: Simply Native (Native Dancer {S} x Crucial Move {G})
Not only is she by our new stallion, but this filly is out of a young stakes-placed mare who is 1/2 to MSW WCh. Subzero Justice.  She was previously unnamed.

FRED ASTAIRE - dark bay weanling colt
SIRE: ICh. Sleipnir {B} (NCh. Lucky Cigar {G} x NCh. You Belong {G})
DAM: Ballroom Dancer {B} (Mr. Prospector {S) x Secret Admirer {B})
This boy is also by our new stallion.  His dam is a young stakes-placed 1/2 sister to MSW GCh. Sudoku.  He was also previously unnamed.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: GCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: How'd you do 2018 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd you do 2018 - Theme by Mustang Forums