Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 4:02pm

Final Furlong Forum - Late maturers?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 08:02:47 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Late maturers?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Late maturers?  (Read 1238 times)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 03:59:25 PM »

I don't suppose that it's is something we can "look up" ourselves? At the very least, it will stop us from persisting with some of our horses which have "bottomed out" their bell curves.

No, I looked directly in the databse. I do plan to add this to the beta eventually, though (not the exact dates, but a sense of where they are).

A question related to this:- You have a horse that you have had at the Farm for 3 weeks rest, ship it to a track and race it. You then give it 3 weeks break during which it is being trained (not over-trained) then look at its Energy/Fitness figures. More often than not, they will be at A/A (or maybe B/A). However, occasionally, you'll get a horse that is at F/A and may take another few weeks to rebuild its Energy.

Could that be an indication that it is nearing the bottom of its curve?

No. If a horse recovers 7 points of energy a day it will recover that for the rest of its life, likewise if it recovers 20 points of energy a day. (That said, an immature/has-been horse is likely to work harder in races so may take longer to get back to 100% energy than when they're at their peak.)
hollyh1125
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 08:05:23 PM »

I think I've brought something like this up before...I always thought it would be super fun if after a horse was retired from racing or breeding we would have access to their "data".  It would be super interesting and fun to compare and see some of the best and worse and analyze the content against each other! :)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »

I think I've brought something like this up before...I always thought it would be super fun if after a horse was retired from racing or breeding we would have access to their "data".  It would be super interesting and fun to compare and see some of the best and worse and analyze the content against each other! :)

I might consider this for retired geldings who've never bred, but it would be pretty low on the priority list.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Late maturers? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Late maturers? - Theme by Mustang Forums