Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 5:42pm

Final Furlong Forum - RC Bee 2019 Crop

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:42:01 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: RC Bee 2019 Crop
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RC Bee 2019 Crop  (Read 4424 times)
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »

Slacked off horribly due to being completely obsessed with Dragon Age: Inquisition so I'm behind on, well, everything - booking mares, training/entering racehorses, checking to see if any babies dropped... oops  ::)

Knight Enchanter is the farm's first Karat baby, a beautiful gray colt out of Enchanted Evening, by Highland Pride. He is named for one of the mage specializations in Dragon Age: Inquisition and supposedly the most fearsome of the nine specializations offered to the main character. No pressure, baby boy.

Enchanted Evening will be bred back to TakeMeToHollywood.

Twice Blessed is a sprightly dark bay filly by Karat-Beautiful Is Gone, by Tiznow. This particular foal was long in the making; I bought her dam when she was young because her granddam is Karat's dam, Heart of Gold. My guess is that she'll be a turfer like her parents.

Beautiful Is Gone is currently not booked and may go up for lease; PM me if interested ;)

3 colts / 3 fillies / 0 stillborn/ 23 foals still due
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »

Is Dragon Age: Inquisition good? I still have to finish Origins. (I keep finding more games that look fun and then never having time to play them.)

Nice babies, love the names. :)
Shirozora
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »

Is Dragon Age: Inquisition good? I still have to finish Origins. (I keep finding more games that look fun and then never having time to play them.)

Nice babies, love the names. :)

Ha ha I powered through Origins in maybe three weeks after leaving the game alone for... three years. Then took two weeks to finish off Dragon Age 2 as thoroughly as possible, then went right into Inquisition. I find it lovely; it's a lot more like the Elder Scrolls games than the previous two, with an open world and the ability to jump on things. The side quests can get a bit derivative and tiring but I'm a bit of a completionist and I also poured hours into Skyrim so I'm used to it. But the story is fantastic and the characters are the greatest. It's definitely worth it for the story, the characters, and the lore imo.

And thank you! The farm is very happy with the wibbly-wobbly babies.
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »

That reminds me I have Skyrim lying around somewhere to play, too.  ::)
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »

The other half is big into games - I just like to watch the scenery & the storyline, but hate trying to maneuver.   ::)  I suppose that's for the best, as we don't have to compete for the big screen.  He's been playing Inquisitio!n lately.  I find it amusing that the town is called Haven - our daughter's name.  We didn't plan it that way!

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to seeing how  Karat babies do on the track!
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Shirozora
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 05:42:44 AM »

Late again, but am happy to report the birth of four lovely fillies and one colt since the last time I posted here.

Anyanwu is a lovely chestnut filly by Karat-Vishnu, by Irish River. Anyanwu means "Eye of the Sun" and is an Igbo deity that lives in the sun. Her parents are both long-winded turfers and excellent performers.

Numa Numa is a dainty bay filly by Karat-Spice Spice Baby, by Highland Laird. She is definitely named after that ancient Internet meme, at the suggestion of a friend. I hope this cross capitalizes on the famous Worth/Rogue cross.

Dawn Will Come is a big beautiful bay colt by Karat-Rainy Day Morning, by Northern Dancer. His name happens to be yoinked from a song from Dragon Age: Inquisition (as you can tell, I'm obsessed as heck) and it matches rather well with his half-sister's name, which is Red Sky Warning.

Circle of Magi is a tiny black filly by Ring of Fire-Eudora, by Double Cross. She is named for the mage system/society in the Dragon Age games, which trains and protects/imprisons people with magical talents. I figure the name fits in with her parents' names.

Amatus is a stout chestnut filly by Golden Text-Light Up Your Life, by Cigar. Her name also comes from Dragon Age ::), this time a Tevene word that means "beloved".

The mares will all probably be put up for lease or sale.

4 colts / 7 fillies / 0 stillborn/ 18 foals still due
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 07:33:36 AM »

Congrats on the ROF filly!
hollyh1125
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 12:16:21 AM »

Congrats. Love the names. :)
Shirozora
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 07:35:22 AM »

Beyond late once again. Given certain developments at the stables, I figure I might as well post all the not-so-new arrivals as well. I hope I didn't miss anyone...

First up is Archon, a handsome liver chestnut son by Karat-Fairy Wish, by Highland Wizard. His pedigree is lovelier than his dam's current produce record, though her first racing foal is only three and there is plenty of room for improvement. If only she'd give me a filly for once, lol  He is named, once again, for something out of the Dragon Age games - this time, the title of the ruler of the Tevinter Imperium.

Fairy Wish has been bred back to Unabridged. Fingers crossed for a healthy filly.

Devil's Shoestring is a big beautiful bay filly by Sunday Paper-La Belle Talbot, by Magic Cross. Her name, like her dam's, comes from the TV show Supernatural, which I haven't seen or cared about in years but I figure that it is a fitting name for her, considering that the character Bela Talbot used devil's shoestring to try to ward off hellhounds. Devil's Shoestring might make a real nice hurdler.

La Belle Talbot has been bred back to Karat.

Gilded Temptation is a pretty blue roan by TakeMeToHollywood-Devil's Test. Her sire needs no introduction; Devil's Test was a solid runner for us but was a bit of a late bloomer.

Devil's Test will be offered for lease.

Heart of Glory is the highly anticipated foal by Karat-Scotland's Glory, by Highland Laird. I thought he'd be bigger but here's hoping he'll turn out to be a mighty mite... or hit some hideous growth spurt and shoot up to 16.2hh, who knows. His dam comes from an ultra classy line and I hope he inherited some of that class.

Scotland's Glory has been bred back to Pay the Boatman.

Sweet Disposition is a rather beautiful mahogany bay by Karat-A Dreamy Sonata, by Tiznow. There's a good chance she'll turn out the size of a monster truck much like her towering sire and dam, and that she'll like going long on the green like they did.

A Dreamy Sonata has been bred back to Player.

U S S Vengeance is a handsome bay-turning-gray son of Galaxy's Zodiac-Farewell to Arms, by Candidate. We chose the pairing based on the reserve of the popular Worth-Rogue cross and hope that'll turn out well. He has a lot of back class but his dam didn't do as well on the track as we'd hoped; perhaps she'll be better in the shed? We hope so.

Farewell to Arms has been bred back to Eighteen Karat.

I made a post in another part of the forum in a fit of panic, but we received word from Easter Valley Estate that our most promising broodmare, Sonatina, died of foaling complications after delivering a lovely Mr. Prospective filly for them. That this happened after her firstborn son won a graded stakes for us is, well, unsettling. She leaves behind three sons and a daughter, and we hope that they carry on her kind disposition and class.

8 colts / 9 fillies / 0 stillborn/ 1 broodmare lost/ 12 foals still due

imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 07:42:05 AM »

Sorry for the loss of your mare. Lovely foals though.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 11:21:06 AM »

So sorry to hear about Sonatina, extra hard to lose a broodmare and all her future foals. The babies all look lovely though.
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »

Congrats on the Kermit filly! Lovely babies overall.
Shirozora
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »

For more positive news, a mare delivered her overdue foal just minutes after midnight.

Red Harted Queen is a dainty bay-turn-gray filly by Ace of Hearts-Red Light District, by Citation. The pairing was a bit of a shot in the dark, but so far Red Light District's first runner is turning out to be a sprinter like her, so we expect this pretty little filly and her two older siblings to take after their momma as well.

Red Light District will be bred back to City Upon a Hill.

8 colts / 10 fillies / 0 stillborn/ 1 broodmare lost/ 11 foals still due
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:39 PM »

Some really awesome names!
Shirozora
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:41 AM »

Not 100% certain about the name - it's not as creative as I would like - but happy that a very overdue foal arrived and both foal and dam are healthy and happy.

Diamond Rose is a massive bright bay filly by Karat-Pink Slew, by Tiznow. Pink Slew was a hardy stakes placed sprinter with a nice dam line going back to A Diamond Jewel. Honestly, I'm relieved the foal was born - she was due on March 8th and it's March 30th right now 8|

Pink Slew will be bred back to Demand The Best, which makes for some interesting inbreeding.

8 colts / 11 fillies / 0 stillborn/ 1 broodmare lost/ 10 foals still due
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: RC Bee 2019 Crop « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, RC Bee 2019 Crop - Theme by Mustang Forums