Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 23, 2021 11:45pm

Final Furlong Forum - Goodbye Mr. Spock

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 03:45:27 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Anything Goes  |  Topic: Goodbye Mr. Spock
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Mr. Spock  (Read 554 times)
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »

Star Trek fans the world over are today mourning the passing of our beloved Mr. Spock. Leonard Nimoy passed away today at the age of 83 from end-stage COPD.

As a huge Star Trek fan from the beginning, I always considered Spock to be the best of all the Original Cast and he was always my favorite. I once asked Myles, The Grey Stable, how much he would want for his Spock, but he wouldn't sell (changed your mind yet, Myles??? LOL).

I have just changed the name of one of our yearlings to "Dif-tor Heh Smusma", which is a Vulcan phrase from which we get the saying "Live Long & Prosper" (we already have a 4yo called "LiveLong&Prosper").

Leonard Nimoy certainly did Live Long and Prospered and definitely enriched the viewing lives of millions of Sci-Fi (and non-Sci-Fi fans) with his absolute logic and emotionless facial expressions. I will always remember the end of The Wrath of Khan when he tells Kirk "The needs of the many outweigh (Kirk finished the line: 'the needs of the few'). Or the one."

RIP Leonard Nimoy. Your memory will always Live Long in our hearts.
Lewis
Robbin
Beta Testers
Hotwalker

Stable Name: Empire Racing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:41:33 AM »

Yes a Legend has passed from this world, but his worldly suffering is over. Good-bye Mr. Spock We will always love you...
Smylie
Trainer

Stable Name: The Grey Stable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »

Very Sad day indeed........ and unlike the real Mr. Spock who couldn't be bought...... the one I have can be.......
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Anything Goes  |  Topic: Goodbye Mr. Spock « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Goodbye Mr. Spock - Theme by Mustang Forums