Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 4:16pm

Final Furlong Forum - Spock has been Retired

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 08:16:50 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Stallion Advertising  |  Topic: Spock has been Retired
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spock has been Retired  (Read 464 times)
Smylie
Trainer

Stable Name: The Grey Stable

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »

In regular Fertility test conducted at The Grey Stable, leading and Silver rated Stallion Spock has been found to have severely reduced sperm count as a result of a high temperature illness just prior to breeding season. With his condition deteriorating daily, we have made the decision to retire him  :'(. Alas he has followed in his dams sire Cigars footsteps in this regard.
He will continue to live out his life in green pastures, romping and rolling as he has always done. We would like to thank all who have bred their mares to him in the preceding years.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:03:58 PM by Smylie » Logged
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 02:25:47 PM »

:(

I am sorry to hear this. As you know, I made you many offers to buy him from you since he Retired to Stud. I have been a Star Trek fan since the first series back in the 70's and Spock was always my favorite character, and I was devastated when Leonard Nimoy passed away last year.

We have a number of his progeny racing in our colors, including two who are very close to Stud-Qualification:-
G.Ch. LiveLong&Prosper, out of Inalillybit, who only needs one SW of any grade to be qualified, and,
Llwynog, out of Just A Fox, who needs two more SW of any grade. He is a half-brother to Generous Bloodstock's I.Ch. Sionnach, who we continue to Lease from them and who has already qualified for Stud, but will be kept in training for the first part of this year at least.

Hopefully, these two will soon get the SW's they need for qualification and carry on Spock's legacy.

May he have a long and happy retirement.
Lewis
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »

Hope he has a long and happy retirement Myles.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 10:37:00 PM »

Sorry to hear about his fertility issues, but I hope he enjoys a long retirement.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 06:36:58 AM »

What a bummer.

Hope he has a long retirement.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Stallion Advertising  |  Topic: Spock has been Retired « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Spock has been Retired - Theme by Mustang Forums