Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Aug. 21, 2022 12:36am

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Annual Select Auction / Re: 2022 Horses Consigned
« Last post by Shelbie on August 20, 2018, 09:32:22 pm »
I don't suppose we're allowed to know (roughly) what the reserves are?

Obviously we will find out when we start bidding, buuuut no harm in asking ahead of time, lol.
« Last post by willagrey on August 20, 2018, 09:17:00 pm »
Exciting!!! I will not even attempt to bid on I'm No Fool lol

I have my eyes on some yearlings and weanlings by stallions I own, and a handful of others on my list.
Anything Goes / Re: Travers Stakes 2018 (Aug. 25)
« Last post by Shelbie on August 20, 2018, 09:09:35 pm »
Decided to take a chance with my filly, Catullus. She was 2nd last out in the G2 Dwyer Stakes and has faired well at 8-9f on both turf and dirt. Fingers crossed this isn't a huge mistake, lol.
Questions / Breeders' Series Question
« Last post by faedar on August 20, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »
So, I've been going over all the old posts regarding the Breeders' Series, and I'm still just a tad confused. So, I understand that both the Breeders' Cup and the Breeders' Series require nominations in order for horses to race in them, despite still showing up in the schedule search after checking the "does not require nomination" box. (Bug, maybe?)

The Breeders' Cup is pretty easy to spot in the schedule, but am I understanding right that the Breeders' Stakes races at the end of the year are what make up the Breeders' Series? I noticed nominations for that set of races are required to be submitted in January, and that it seems to only refer to horses you've bred. So I'm guessing horses you didn't breed and who haven't been nominated by their breeders are just out of luck?

These probably all sound like really dumb questions, but I'd appreciate any clarification I can get.
« Last post by faedar on August 20, 2018, 06:06:28 pm »
I've got one entered, Ch. Fractal. She won the 9.5f Gr. 1 Acorn Stakes in June and placed 2nd in the 9f Gr. 1 Go For Wand Stakes last month. She seems to be doing well on classic distances, but we'll see how she does running against a bunch of boys.
« Last post by Hilda with Clicker on August 20, 2018, 04:08:32 pm »
Wonder Gadot, the filly that won first two legs of Canadian Triple Crown, will run in Travers Stakes: http://live.drf.com/nuggets/44602-irad-ortiz-jr-to-ride-wonder-gadot-in-travers
« Last post by Hilda with Clicker on August 20, 2018, 04:06:28 pm »
I believe that even my entire budget is not enough to even try bidding on him, but there are some other nice horses too!
Horses For Sale / Re: Generous' Auction
« Last post by imagine on August 20, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
Thanks to everyone who’s bid/bidding. All ponies are going or have gone to new homes. Good luck to all the new owners.
« Last post by Shelbie on August 20, 2018, 01:28:20 pm »
Thanks, Shanthi! I'm curious how much I'm No Fool will earn :D

I'm very tempted but I know it's a trap, haha. I'll be curious to see how that bidding war goes.
« Last post by Hilda with Clicker on August 20, 2018, 06:59:45 am »
Thanks, Shanthi! I'm curious how much I'm No Fool will earn :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10