Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Feb. 19, 2022 4:30pm

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have one Eighteen Karat son, a 4-year-old named Archimedes, who I acquired in October. He's been very lightly raced (only 7 starts total), but he placed 2nd and 3rd out of 3 starts both his 2-year-old and 3-year-old years. He has only been raced once so far this year, and that was a win in a 5.5f NW3 dirt. His mother is a daughter of Highland Pride.
Foaling Barn / Re: Starfish Stables Foals - 2022
« Last post by Shanthi on 4 hours ago »
Lovely filly.
Foaling Barn / Re: Stillwater 2022 Foals
« Last post by Shanthi on 4 hours ago »
@Shelbie, my budget shows $0 for the 2021 breeding so you already did the LFG. :) Glad we finally got a baby on the ground this time.
I bred one foal by Eighteen Karat, it was Arella out of Golden Moon. I retired Arella as a 4yo, but her dam is still active broodmare; although under Final Furlong ownership now, not in foal and without any other foals. Arella's granddam Gilded Sky is the dam of our stallion NCh. Al Mundhir.
Foaling Barn / Re: Starfish Stables Foals - 2022
« Last post by Starfish on 6 hours ago »
One more foal, about 3 weeks early. Still no change with the overdue mares.

HOLY MYSTERY
NCh. Holy Warrior x Ch. Must Be A Mystery (G) - GCh. Must Be Magic (S)
8.0h black filly

1/2 sister to GCh. MagicalMysteryTour, Ch. Ministry of Magic, GCh. Glory's Mystery, Ch. Must be Glory

59 out of 121 - 30 colts, 26 fillies, 3 stillborn - 62 still due
« Last post by Shelbie on 6 hours ago »
Congrats on the healthy Ruby foal! I'm sorry about your loss last year; I hope I gave you a LFG on that? If not I'd be happy to waive a breeding fee this year to make up for it.

Also love the name Saxon Gold.
After leasing a number of RC Bee's horses (most by Eighteen Karat) he quickly became a favorite of mine and I try to ship at least one mare to him each year. I currently own SW's A Devil's Hunger and Helsman, and multiple winner Aether. Leasing-wise I have the lovely Ch. Arkenstone again, who I also leased last year to a few stakes placings. I just took on Twice Blessed, another RC bee lease, who ran 2nd 3 times from 6 starts last year.

Waiting in the wings is a single 2yo and a pair of yearlings, and one mare in foal to him for next year. I'm finding his horses to be really hardy (no injuries yet!) and most seem to like the classic distances on any surface.
« Last post by Shanthi on 7 hours ago »
Thanks! I was thinking it was more of a colt's name, but...it's pretty, so she can have it. :)
« Last post by faedar on 7 hours ago »
Congrats on the healthy filly! And I love the name Saxon Gold!
« Last post by Shanthi on 13 hours ago »
ENDLESS SPARKLE
NCh. French Ruby x GCh. Endless Flight (G) - Alydar (S)
9.1h dark bay filly

Yay, a healthy filly! This breeding produced a stillborn filly last year, so it's a relief to get a live foal.

1/2 sister to Ch. Playamongthestars, Ch. Indy's Flight, Everlasting Spell, Queen of the Air, Ch. Winged Charm

SAXON GOLD
NCh. Von Lichtenstein x Ch. Gift of Gold - Giant's Causeway (B)
9.1h grey filly

Third foal from this MSW mare

28 Colts | 25 Fillies | 2 Stillborn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10