Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 17, 2022 2:41am

Author Topic: 2yo's for 2022  (Read 1091 times)

Offline rebelrun

• Jockey
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Coleman Branch
Re: 2yo's for 2022
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 07:39:06 pm »
I have way too many entered with more to come.  Hopefully they'll all debut before the end of May, with the exception of the shrimpy ones and the jumpers.  No idea what I was thinking in breeding bigger and bigger crops.  Just gonna wave to the money as it gallops away lol.

Offline willagrey

• Beta Testers
  • Trainer
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Denoux Stud
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 09:04:51 pm »
I have 4 entered for tomorrow and 3 for Saturday and I'm currently regretting my whole life choices right now LOL

I've had to stop myself from scratching them.
DENOUX STUD
Standing ICh. Belanso & ICh. Blue Smoke
Home to retired stallion, NCh. Silver Wizard.

Offline Starfish

• Beta Testers
  • Stakes Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Starfish Stables
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 01:26:46 am »
We only have 1 2YO runner tomorrow, and that only because he was already at Woodbine and we thought we might as well give it a shot. In past years, our 2YO’s have had a tendency to finish closer to last than first in their first races, so, if he is going to continue that trend, we might as well get it over with quickly!!!

It will take a while to sort all of our 2YO’s due to losing all my files when my laptop died. We had worked out which ones we were going to enter in which race, all the way to the end of April. Now we’re going to have to start all over again, so we probably won’t have that many 2YO runners this month.
Lewis

Offline Andy

• Beta Testers
  • Jockey
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Gintara Lodge
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 06:40:48 am »
Gee's your better than me Lewis, I plan out my older horses but the young ones I try to find one that's training ok and throw it in, hoping for the best!

Andy
Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity!

Offline CricketHill

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
  • Cricket Hill: Established 2006
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Cricket Hill
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 03:29:31 am »
Hmm... seems like I didn't participate last year. Whoops!

This is an exciting year because FFCh. Black Cherry's and ICh. City Upon a Hill's foals hit the track. This is also High Chance's last crop to start -- so bittersweet in that respect.

With 92 2yos this year we have a lot to choose from.

As the Crow Flies (Blue Smoke x Ask Directions) is the 2nd foal to race of GCh. Ask Directions. Her dam, Ask DNA, has been a dynamo in the breeding shed and we're hoping her daughter is the same. 3yo Let Me Be Frank (by Frankel) had a solid year as a 2yo, but seems to be struggling this year. I've been pleased with Blue Smoke as a sire, and I'm excited to have another foal by him to play with.

Billy Big Rigger (Away the Lads x Initforthelonghaul) is the third foal out of Initiforthelonghaul. 1/2 Sibs Trucker King and Haul Me Away have not performed up to expectations given their dam's pedigree (daughter of Go For Glory), but I really love the name on this one.

Chosen (To Die For x ICh. Jester's Crown) is the first foal to race out of a millionaire dam.

Cthulhu (Quarren x Toast of the Town) is the 2nd foal out of millionaire dam. Crown Fire, his only sibling to race, is stakes placed.

Dayton Accords (Long Live the King x Daytona Beach) is the 3rd foal out of a millionaire dam. Half to stakes-placed Stranger Danger.

Dreams for Sale (High Chances x Perchance to Dream) is a sentimental favorite. Full sibling to Anarchy, whom I owned as a 5yo and was from HC's first crop. I always wanted to see what he could've done during his peak years. With Dreams For Sale I get a chance.

Laird Plateau (City Upon a Hill x Laird's Own) is from City's from crop and the first foal of his NCh. dam.

Love is Kind (City Upon a Hill x Bandit's Love) -- Bandit's Love and Laird's Own raced together for me and would often go out in the same race. I'm really pleased that I (unintentionally) bred them to the same sire the same year. I'd be thrilled if their daughters did the same. (Makes race planning easy.)

Loving v. Virginia (Bernardini x Guilty of Love) -- I love the name and he's got none of the major bloodlines that I have in my stable. Would love to get him studified.

Madame Pele (Quarren x Go For Glory) is the last foal that I own out of Go For Glory. She's 1/2 to ICh. Demand the Best, WCh. Toast of the Town, NCh. Thank Goodness,  GCh. Aziraphale, Ch. Initforthelonghaul and Ch. Meet Your Maker. The name is special to me because Madame Pele was my first "good" horse in another SIM racing game I played. I'm hoping that this incarnation will be just as scrappy as her namesake.

Pass the Buck (Von Lichtenstein x Passin' Sandi) is Sandi's last foal. All his other siblings (all boys,sigh!) are stakes winners or better -- Ch. Don't Pass Go, GCh. It's a Long Story, and Ch. Akamai.  I'm hoping one of them will get studified at some point.

Perseids (See the Stars x Chance of Rain) is Chance of Rain's second foal. I'm glad I managed to snag a breeding to Sea the Stars before he retired.

Offline Shanthi

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:50 am »
Madame Pele (Quarren x Go For Glory) is the last foal that I own out of Go For Glory. She's 1/2 to ICh. Demand the Best, WCh. Toast of the Town, NCh. Thank Goodness,  GCh. Aziraphale, Ch. Initforthelonghaul and Ch. Meet Your Maker. The name is special to me because Madame Pele was my first "good" horse in another SIM racing game I played. I'm hoping that this incarnation will be just as scrappy as her namesake.

Pele's 2 already?! Time flies.

Offline the1stpsycho

• Beta Testers
  • Jockey
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Vimes Racing
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 09:58:09 pm »
92 2yos?!?! I don't even that many actual racehorses! Good luck, that makes my head spin :)

Offline CricketHill

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
  • Cricket Hill: Established 2006
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Cricket Hill
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 12:10:58 am »
Pele's 2 already?! Time flies.

I know! With my luck, she'll be terrible. I sat on that name for a long time.

92 2yos?!?! I don't even that many actual racehorses! Good luck, that makes my head spin :)
I honestly don't recommend it. I've been trying to sell racehorses off -- I have over 200 that I need to sort out -- but I have a really hard time letting horses go. And benign neglect doesn't really make them go away.

Offline Hilda with Clicker

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Clicker Lab
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 05:21:20 am »
Seems like some of my 2yo's are doing well, and more importantly, Al Mundhir's first babies are making some money! Four his foals made some starts so far, all belong to other stables. Of them, three were in the money! While at Clicker Lab - the horses bred by others seem to do better than our homebred 2yo's. We have two wins (Wiry Feeling and Apophis) and two seconds (Awesome Stream and Green Hour).

Offline Shanthi

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 06:28:51 am »
I honestly don't recommend it. I've been trying to sell racehorses off -- I have over 200 that I need to sort out -- but I have a really hard time letting horses go. And benign neglect doesn't really make them go away.

I also have 92 2yos, and should probably sell some...I've also been trying the benign neglect plan, with no success thus far. (Though I've discovered that by the time they're 5-6, my attachment fades a bit...maybe the sim equine version of the 7 year itch?)

Offline ShelbieTopic starter

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Black Storm West
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 02:04:34 pm »
I've somehow obtained 77 2yo's and have been slowly cutting down the yearlings, then the weanlings, but I went crazy this year with breeding and should have a massive crop next year. I already plan on selling/leasing out several mares next year because I inevitably buy more 2yo's at the auction...like this year, haha.

Probably one of my nicest 2yo crops so far! Of the 7 I listed in the initial post, all have raced at least once with 5 hitting the board and 1 winner. I've been pleasantly surprised by a few other 2yo's. And less than thrilled with others but they still find butterflies more interesting than running. ;)
BLACK STORM WEST
Home of stallions ICh. Blue Smoke, NCH. French Ruby, NCh. Nobly Regal