Author Topic: January Stallion Spotlight II: Gilded Saint  (Read 466 times)

Offline willagreyTopic starter

• Beta Testers
  • Trainer
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Denoux Stud
January Stallion Spotlight II: Gilded Saint
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:13:35 pm »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:52:44 pm by willagrey »
DENOUX STUD
Standing ICh. Belanso & ICh. Blue Smoke
Home to retired stallion, NCh. Silver Wizard.

Offline Firefly

• Trainer
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Sakura Springs
Re: January Stallion Spotlight II: Gilded Saint
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:40 am »
That's an awesome profile! I look forward to reading more like it. Good job!

Offline Hilda with Clicker

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Clicker Lab
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 05:51:12 am »
Interesting. I tried to breed to him at the beginning but I gave up, mostly because these foals were late bloomers. All are still on the track. The first one of them is Banff; I probably sold her dam while she was in foal with this girl. Dam was a late bloomer too... in fact she was probably retired to brood just when she reached her peak. Then it was Flickering Silk - I sold her dam in foal too (and she started racing when she was 4yo). The youngest is Rastro de Tinta, a gelding from my Spanish themed crop ;) looks like his last race was a win, so maybe he has a chance to improve his sire's rankings now.

Offline Shelbie

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Black Storm West
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:14:24 pm »
Great writeup! I just realized I have no Gilded Saint foals beyond two retired geldings.
BLACK STORM WEST
Home of stallions ICh. Blue Smoke, NCH. French Ruby, NCh. Nobly Regal, & NCh. Straticus

Offline Firefly

• Trainer
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Sakura Springs
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:51 pm »
I've leased Banff before, and I currently own Rastro de Tinta. I was fairly successful with Banff if I remember right, and though not my most exceptional runner, Rastro is fairly reliable. I also have a 3yo homebred, Golden Ghost, who has yet to find her feet. My experience with Gilded Saint babies is that they bloom late (4-5yo) and they frequently have an affinity for SC.

Offline ivycreekfarm

• Beta Testers
  • Owner
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Creek Farm
  • Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 04:27:51 pm »
Awesome spotlight! I love reading these.

I bred Spiritofstlouis back before I decided to cut down to a more specialized focus. I'd forgotten that he was by Gilded Saint! I sold him at auction for a mere $1,000 just to get rid of my hurdle-bred youngsters. I'm so glad to see that he lived up to that potential! It looks like he's only 1 win away from studhood himself. If he qualifies, he would be the 4th Ivy Creek homebred at stud.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year