Author Topic: Stallion Spotlight February II: Eighteen Karat  (Read 421 times)

Offline ShelbieTopic starter

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Black Storm West
Stallion Spotlight February II: Eighteen Karat
« on: February 19, 2018, 02:07:50 am »
BLACK STORM WEST
Home of stallions ICh. Blue Smoke, NCH. French Ruby, NCh. Nobly Regal, & NCh. Straticus

Offline willagrey

• Beta Testers
  • Trainer
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Denoux Stud
Re: Stallion Spotlight February II: Eighteen Karat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:12:45 am »
Thank you for doing my spotlight! I'm claiming the next one!! <3

I'm going to come back because I have several of his foals now. They've been doing well for me! Not stakes wise, but at least they're consistent money earners so I'll take it!
DENOUX STUD
Standing ICh. Belanso & ICh. Blue Smoke
Home to retired stallion, NCh. Silver Wizard.

Offline ShelbieTopic starter

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Black Storm West
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:33:52 pm »
After leasing a number of RC Bee's horses (most by Eighteen Karat) he quickly became a favorite of mine and I try to ship at least one mare to him each year. I currently own SW's A Devil's Hunger and Helsman, and multiple winner Aether. Leasing-wise I have the lovely Ch. Arkenstone again, who I also leased last year to a few stakes placings. I just took on Twice Blessed, another RC bee lease, who ran 2nd 3 times from 6 starts last year.

Waiting in the wings is a single 2yo and a pair of yearlings, and one mare in foal to him for next year. I'm finding his horses to be really hardy (no injuries yet!) and most seem to like the classic distances on any surface.
BLACK STORM WEST
Home of stallions ICh. Blue Smoke, NCH. French Ruby, NCh. Nobly Regal, & NCh. Straticus

Offline Hilda with Clicker

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Clicker Lab
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:13:58 pm »
I bred one foal by Eighteen Karat, it was Arella out of Golden Moon. I retired Arella as a 4yo, but her dam is still active broodmare; although under Final Furlong ownership now, not in foal and without any other foals. Arella's granddam Gilded Sky is the dam of our stallion NCh. Al Mundhir.

Offline Firefly

• Trainer
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Sakura Springs
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 04:14:31 pm »
I have one Eighteen Karat son, a 4-year-old named Archimedes, who I acquired in October. He's been very lightly raced (only 7 starts total), but he placed 2nd and 3rd out of 3 starts both his 2-year-old and 3-year-old years. He has only been raced once so far this year, and that was a win in a 5.5f NW3 dirt. His mother is a daughter of Highland Pride.

Offline Shirozora

• Owner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: RC Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:04:14 am »
 :o my boy's been highlighted!!!!

I appreciate the work put into this post! I had no idea he was that good at siring hardy winners lol shame on me  ::) I've been leasing out my runners by him to see if other people can handle the training/racing better than I can, and I also came to the conclusion that the Karats like going long on any surface so I've been working that in with the ones I still have with me. Now if only he could sire some more multiple stakes winners.....
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated