Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 23, 2022 4:26pm

Author Topic: 2022 2yo auction - How’d you do?  (Read 584 times)

Offline CricketHill

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
  • Cricket Hill: Established 2006
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Cricket Hill
Re: 2022 2yo auction - How’d you do?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 07:05:05 pm »
Emma, no worries! I have way too many racehorses as it is but he was way too pretty to pass up. Good luck with Cool Thunder!

Offline Shelbie

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Black Storm West
Re: 2022 2yo auction - How’d you do?
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 11:10:09 pm »
Not sure why, but I picked up 3 more.

Careless Question, dark bay 16hh filly by ICh. Doodles out of Reality Impaired. Both parents seem to be late bloomers and despite her size, I'll probably aim her for summer/early fall races. From four of her raced half-sibs, 3 are FF-owned/campaigned with 1 unraced since 3 and another unraced in the last 2 years so hard to say what she'll do, but dam was very consistent. I liked her name! Bought for 1k.

Gorgeous Candle, strawberry roan 16hh filly by NCh. Lucky Streak out of Spectacular Dawn, by Spectacular Bid. One of my top choices, so happy to pick her up in the second round. Only raced half-sib was a winner, but Spectacular Bid is gold-ranked as broodmare sire. Lucky Streak has several MSW's for his oldest crop only being 4, so I'm hopeful. Plus I'm a sucker for strawberries. Paid $2500.

Wishful Victory, 14.2hh dark bay colt by NCh. Celtic Star out of Gilded Wings. Very flashy with four stockings. Hard to say what he will do, as only 2 of his 4 half-sibs have raced and both have been FF owned with the oldest having gone inactive at 3, but 1 was a winner and the other placed. Celtic Star seems to throw 3/4yo's going classic distance, which seems to be what Gilded Wings did as well. Worth a shot at 1k.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:13:24 pm by Shelbie »
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Nobly Regal