Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 15, 2022 8:56am

Author Topic: 2015 Goals  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Supernovaa Thoroughbreds

• Exercise Rider
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Supernovaa Thoroughbreds
Re: 2015 Goals
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 06:37:47 am »
Get active again is the biggest one for me... I haven't been on much from September - November and I reaaaaally regret it. All the plans I had kind of went.... kersplat. :-\ And hopefully by getting more active I'll be able to improve my racing season which would be just great. :P I'm a hoarder too, but I think I've managed to rid myself of that tendency. Hopefully. Because more horses would not be good.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Offline Shirozora

• Owner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: RC Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 07:45:57 am »
Here, here re: hoarding. I just took one of my horses off the sales page because, y'know, she just had a growth spurt. Maybe that's what she needed. Now all I need to do is figure out what she likes so that she can break her maiden...
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated

skyclad

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »
My goals are mostly the same. Trying to figure out my horses. Most of my consistent ones retired this year and now I have some ponies running that don't really try their hardest. Haven't had a win since the BC, and all of my horses seem to think the finish line is a little ways before where it actually is. If it was then I would have a lot more wins! But I am going to be on more often this year.

Grace

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 05:41:52 pm »
For the first half of the year, I want to keep my quickly ballooning collection of racehorses in check - preferably under ten horses to manage, since I'm still trying to figure stuff out. I hope to manage the few horses I have well so that they can bring in some money and I can get myself settled and make more than I spend.

At the later part of the year, I'm (of course) hoping to keep managing my racehorses effectively. I may look into some younger horses or a broodmare or two to start getting a feel for how the breeding/bloodlines side of things works since that's always my weaker point. I'm not very good at choosing good matches or spotting a well bred horse, so I want to train my eye a bit better for that once I'm making money off my runners.

Jules

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:58 pm »
For this year I'm just hoping to get a solid foundation started for my stable. I'll probably try to stick with the numbers I currently have and try to figure out my horses and how to make the best of them. Getting most of them racing consistently would be nice, but I'll try to roll with the punches. The broodmare I started with will probably be bred too, but overall I just want to have fun and make the most of the year.

Offline Starfish

• Beta Testers
  • Stakes Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Starfish Stables
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 03:49:48 pm »
We have had a quiet start to the New Year with only 3 runners over the two days so far (1 win, 1 2nd & 1 4th) as many of our racers spent the Christmas Holidays back at the Farm getting a well deserved rest. They are all in the process of being shipped back to the Tracks now (or have already done so) so our Black, Light Blue Sleeves, Gold Sash and Red Cap colors should soon be seen again with more frequency.

Every year since we started in Racing Year 2011, we have increased both our Purse Money won and our percentage of wins to runners (and that included the fact that we had no runners for 2 1/2 months last year).

This year, we expect to have around 45-50 horses racing, including 2YO's, so, hopefully, we'll increase those records again this year.

We will be putting some racehorses up for sale throughout the next few weeks, including one Stallion and some Broodmares (we currently have 7 Stallions and 32 Broodmares, which are too many to try and manage, hence the reduction).
Lewis