Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 19, 2022 12:17pm

Author Topic: How'd You Do 2015  (Read 3165 times)

hollyh1125

Re: How'd You Do 2015
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »
Haha, yeah sorry for doing that 1 hour before close. :)

Offline Shanthi

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 11:09:30 am »
Well, we lost out on the horse we originally wanted due to a typo, and of course that means we had to go shopping again. ;)

We're pleased to have brought home Hidden Lake, courtesy of Final Furlong. She's lightly raced with only 3 starts as a 3yo, so we're excited to see what she can do. She's 1/2 sister to SP Hirogen, and our first horse from Reine-de-Course Gimme A Chance's damline. She's also - somehow - our only foal by Easy Goer, which should be fun to play with come breeding time. :)

CloverSprings

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 04:49:14 am »
I picked up five broodmares with Created lines and figured the law-of-averages should hopefully prevail. I also only spent $5,500 on them so can't go wrong with that (cheaper than a breeding!) This way I can also breed them to any stallion and I like a bit of a gamble ;)

Picked up:
Jet Propulsion - 7 year old - In foal to Yes It's Paddy
Blarny Stone - 8 year old - Not in foal, going to wait to breed her again in 2016
Dontforgettoshower - 7 year old - Not in foal, also going to wait and breed in 2016
Gentle Fawn - 7 year old - Not in foal, waiting until 2016 to breed (side note: I submitted this pedigree name/color so it's a sign I HAD to have her)
Alveradis - 8 year old, Not in foal, also waiting until 2016 to breed

Cannot wait for these ladies! Nice to add some 'younger' broodmares to my barn  ;)